Chapter 17

"MYAAAAAHHHH!" Skeletor was on his knees, he had just achieved ultimate victory only to now have it snatched under him, "NO! My Cosmic Key...My only Cosmic Key....Destroyed! WHY!"

"Only you can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory Skeletor" Evil-Lyn sneered.

"Silence Evil-Lyn no one likes a downer"

"Says the man on his knees crying"

"Again Evil-Lyn, no one likes a downer!" Skeletor leaned on his knees, "Still...It's not fair! I was so close! I humiliated Randor and I would have been closer than ever to taking Grayskull, now I have to do it the hard way!"

"Hey don't worry boss" Tri-Klops tried to assure him, "We managed to get quite a bit of Horde tech back to Snake Mountain, we have more firepower than -

Skeletor turned his havoc on him, blasting him against the wall. He didn't have time to hear about the positives. He glared at Beastman, Trap Jaw, and the others.

"Idiotic! Pathetic! Fools!"

Aiming his Havoc staff at them Skeletor blasted bolts of energy at them, causing them all to run off in various directions to avoid his wrath. His anger was great at that moment, he would unleash fury upon all who had dared failed him.

"So much for comradery" Tri-Klops grumbled as he avoided a blast.

Suddenly Skeletor felt something soft rub up against him and looked to see Panthor rubbing his head against his hand. Gently he petted the large giant cat, feeling a bit of calm come back to him. At least he knew that no matter how many treacheries he could always rely on them to ease his stress. Been that way ever since they were a young cub.

"Y-Yes, thank you Pantgor...Good boy" Skeletor patted his head to which he got a light growl.

"Finally" Evil-Lyn sneered, "Try to remember who ACTUALLY defeated you"

Not only a moment ago was he finally humiliating Randor and his entire family. The moment was as glorious as it was cathartic. The moment when he finally showed Eternia's people just want the Royal family was truly all about. Now all of that was squashed....by his niece.

"Adora" Skeletor hissed, "She did this, and now she's back on Etheria with Randor. Always my accursed family, holds me back from achieving true victory against my enemies! They will pay dearly for this!"

"Yes!" Evil-Lyn interjected now, "Which means most of the grand hero's of Eternia are no more...we can strike at Castle Grayskull now with weapons the likes of which no one had scene before"

Skeletor looked at Evil-Lyn for a moment and nodded, standing up trying to once again be strong in the moment.

"R-Right!, we still have the advantage, we can still be victorious" Skeletor declared standing up looking victorious, "I have everything under control!"

"Hey uh guys" Trapjaw interrupted them.

"WHAT!" Skeletor and Evil-Lyn said in unison.

"Not to alarm anyone, but uh...I hear a hiss sound"

A hiss sound? Skeletor got up almost immediately as he listened in for himself. He did hear a hiss sound. It reverberated across the walls getting louder and louder until suddenly from the shadows he saw them. The Snake Men, once again inside his beloved Snake Mountain, surrounding them all, tongues out and looks hungry. The leader of the patch was of course no other than King Hiss himself whose piercing red eyes glared back into his empty sockets.

Suddenly his generals surrounded the other Evil Warriors as they tried to get into a defensive position for battle. Skeletor had his havoc staff ready. For a good part of a year this upstart was trying to mozey in his place as rightful ruler of Eternia, just because his kind conquered the planet a few thousand years ago. The past was the past, and he was the future.