Chapter 23

"He's getting away!" Catra said about running off towards Skeletor as he flew of on a monstrous griffin.

Adora took Catra's hand and that stopped her instantly, "Catra! Please, stop...

"But-"

"Please stay"

Catra's eyes widened as her body limped, Adora knew that sometimes that was all she wanted to hear. She was being chosen, and not some ongoing battle.

Slowly Catra walked up to Adora as the two closed in the two gently butting heads together, Catra gently giving Adora a peck on the head before gently backing away.

The battle was over, they had won

"Don't worry, we'll get him next time," Adam assured as he walked up to both of them with his usual confident demeanor. This was not what she wanted to see right now.

Catra looked at Adam skeptically, "How many times have you said that?"

"It doesn't matter" Adora cupped Catra's cheeks smiling, "We're together again"

Catra looked at Adora and nodded, "Yeah"

Even in victory it still felt like a defeat.

Adora took a deep breath and held Catra close, she was so happy right now. She managed to avoid another war, and stay with the one she loved most of all. However there was still a bit of doubt within her. Skeletor's world echoing throughout her. Were the lines of Good and Evil that blurry. Would she be consumed by good.

Though perhaps none of that mattered now, she had Catra, and that's all that mattered.

"Come on," Adora said, her voice soft and calm, as she began to walk with her, "Let's go rejoin the others"

"Yeah-" Catra nodded, though there was something still up.

The victory was similar to that against prime, although perhaps it was more akin to the aftermath of the Battle of Brightmoon, for the battles would most likely continue. Something within Adora sank a bit at that thought. This was not a decisive victory, but only a temporary one. Already she began to think of what would happen to these people now. The battles might go forever as Skeletor said. A never ending war, back and forth, back and forth.

"Adora-" Catra words got her mind to pop, "Stay in the moment"

Adora shook her head, "Right, right, staying in the moment"

Looking around the first group Adora wanted to go to first was strangely enough Hordak. Hordak who of all people had been a big help to her and the others while back on Etheria. Together the two lovers strode hand in hand as they saw the former Horde Lord talking to Entrapta who seemed quite pleased with his canon.

"I never got to see this baby in action until now" Entrapta's smile widened looking at the cannon with awe.

Hordak held it up with a bit of pride, "Yes, well, despite my foolish actions it did come in handy during the war"

"Oh was it efficient"

Hordak couldn't help but smirk "Very"

Entrapta let out a small squeak as she clapped her hands in excitement.

"Heck yeah it was" Catra chuckled as they approached, "Pretty much the reason the sea gate fell in a huff, kicked a few princesses butts too"

Adora gently nudged Catra's shouldr and eyed Mermista who was a few feet behind them.

"Which was bad and foolish of us, obviously," Catra added.

"Ooooh," Entrapta beamed looking at it, "So much destruction, I LOVE IT!"

Hordak coughed a bit from embarrassment, "Well, I am glad that this technology can now be used for good instead of foolish conquest due to false notions of please a evil deity".