Ch 16

I quickly make my way towards the city revving up my motorcycles engine needing to get there in time. I see the Justice League members down in defeat along with destruction that started to surround the area. I continue until I see red eyes staring at me. I pop a wheelie and let the bike go from under me letting it run towards Superman but he destroys it with his heat vision. I get my gun out and shoot at him. He catches the bullet but kryptonite powder explodes in his face throwing him in a daze. I quickly run over and punch him with my kryptonite knuckles making him fall to the ground.

"Don't. Hurt. My friends!" I grunt between punches as I pinned him down.

He's now bleeding, limp and weak. I stop and he punches me hard enough to knock me off of him but I don't give up, there is was only one way to finish this. He wobbles stands up but I over power him, having him in a head lock from behind.

"Ahhhh!" I yell in anger before snapping he's neck, dropping his dead body on the floor.

I breathe heavily, anger coursing through my veins. I start to level my breathing out when I remember something more important.

"Da- Batman!...Batman!" I call out, looking around hastily.

I hear coughing and I follow the sound to see him laying in a broken concrete crater.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I kneel beside him helping him sit up slightly.

He winces then spits blood out to the side.

"Y-yeah. Thank you. Got here just in time."

I wake up with a groan. My eyes slowly open, my vision blur before it focuses. I look around to see that I'm inside my car, exactly where it's been parked since last night. I see my blazer in the passenger seat, I look down my body and see a needle in my left arm, double pronged.

Snakebite.

I take it out with a wince before slowly sitting up in my seat and look around, my eyes squinted due to the fact that the sun is well out now. I rub my hands down my face tiredly trying to wrap my head around what had happened.

I look for my phone and find it, only to see missed calls and messages from Lucius, Luke, Gordon and- Natasha? I didn't know I had her number. When did I get her number? Before I can check my messages in depth the time is what gets my attention making my eyes widen.

"Shit. I'm so late." I hiss starting my engine and speed off.

~

L-Corp

"Good- morning, Ms.Wayne." The receptionist greets me hesitantly as she sees me, taking in my appearance.

"Yeah morning." I mumble rubbing my eyes going to the bridge of my nose.

"I have a meeting with Lena." I add.

"Yes, I see that here. She's waiting for you in her office." She says making me step back and make my way to the elevators.

I step out through the metallic doors and walk over to the office door and knock. Hearing a faint 'come in' I step in and make my way towards her desk while Lena looks away from her computer to look up at me.