Ch 6

With a press of a button, a table and chairs appear from below and the two agents take their seats.

"Might as well offer a drink too. What's your poison?" I ask them from over my shoulder as I pour myself another drink.

"We don't drink on the job." Agent Romanoff states making me raise my eyebrows at the pretentiousness.

"I'll have whatever you're having." I then hear Fury say making me grab an extra clean glass I had while the red head agent turns to him in surprise with raised eyebrows to which he gives her a slight nod with a look that he knows what he's doing.

I hand Fury the drink then look over to Natalie before turning back to Fury.

"You snuck her in here. How'd you even manage that?" I question with a raised brow and nod towards the agent.

"I have friends in high places." He says and I think for a minute.

"..Loaner..." I mumble to myself as I shake my head then look up at them again.

"You and Lucius set this up didn't you?" I scoff motioning with my hand to which Fury just smiles slightly.

"Fox and I go way back." He says smugly taking a sip of the alcohol making me release a minor scoff in disbelief at the audacity of this man.

Then I stop, and turn to Luke with a raised brow.

"You know this guy?" I ask him.

"Um well- not personally-

"Not personally? You're breaking your old Uncle Nick's heart, Lucas." Fury says feigning hurt.

"Oh my god. I'm drunk. I'm drunk and got sucked into The Twilight Zone." I grumble to myself rubbing my temple with closed eyes hoping to wake up from this nightmare.

My hand then runs down my face and supports my chin as I lean on it opening my eyes to look at Fury waiting for him to tell me what he has to say.

"Other than the Kryptonite I came here to talk to you about something else, the Avengers Initiative." He starts as he places a folder in front me on the table and I take it with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope

"Nope. Not interested." I say going to push it back but he raises a hand.

"Can you at least open it?" He asks and I sigh opening it.

My eyes skim over the front page and I focus on the synopsis of the initiative.

A response team comprised of the most able individuals humankind has to offer. The initiative will defend Earth from global threats that are beyond the war fighting capability of conventional military forces.

I purse then lick my lips as I look up at Fury.

"Nope. Not interested." I repeat closing the folder, placing it back on the table then lean back on the control desk crossing my arms over my chest.