Wishful Thinking (Kenny McCormick)

It's cold

The wind on a freckled face makes his cheeks and nose turn a light pink color in return. He doesn't try to cover himself anymore, or even try to retreat into a place warmer than the chilly air of Colorado. He's used to this by now. Late night walks through the town.

All is still in South Park, because why wouldn't anyone need to be awake at such a god awful hour? He isn't sure, but he does see the occasional homeless person on the street, blinking at the street lamps while laying under a cardboard blanket. 

Kenny doesn't pay too much attention to them. He's never been scared of people, that just isn't like McCormick. Until a homeless person on the street murdered him for not donating a single dollar for a pack of smokes.

That was one memory he would have liked to forget.

Still though, as much as he dislikes it, it'll always be something he remembers. He remembers all the times he has died in his lifetime. Boy, he had stories to tell.. If only people believed him.

A smile spreads across his chapped lips, letting his hand dig into his pocket carefully. His hand comes across a few things, such as some of Karen's small hair ties. He can feel little beads and butterflies on the worn elastic. There's food crumbs from the last time he stole a turkey sandwich from the deli shop.

Turns out he was highly allergic to mustard, and died right there on the shop floor of his workplace.

He finally comes across two one dollar bills, and sets them in the small tin can that the homeless lady has set out in front of her. He can see her smile gently at him, and he notices her teeth look almost as if they're rotting.

Poor lady, he would have given her more if he had any.

With the small, speechless exchange between the elderly and the teenage boy, the younger was on his way back through the quiet mountain town. 

His footsteps are light against the concrete sidewalk, trying not to be too loud. He's got these black boots that make too much damn noise for how quiet it is. He would feel bad if he ended up waking anyone up.. then again though, he would probably run the opposite direction if that were to potentially happen.

Walking past a fenced in house, he notices a dog in it's doghouse, snoring. He supposes it's a pug, because of how loud it's being.

Seeing the fence brings back the memory of being shot while being on someone's property, and he can nearly feel the pain in his chest as he thinks about it. The entire moment happened so fast it was hard to recall exactly everything, but he remembers the majority of it.

It was a Wednesday evening, if he recalls correctly. Kenny was playing outside with his younger sister, Karen, with a bright yellow ball that had blue and pink butterflies littering the surface. Karen had gotten the ball for being good in class, and Kenny remembers her being absolutely ecstatic whenever she showed it off to him. His ears rang with her cheerful squeals before he was being pulled outside to play with the new ball. The happy siblings kicked it through the mud, tossed it through trees, and even attempted volleyball with the butterfly covered ball. Eventually though, Karen spiked the ball a little too hard, and it flew into someone else's yard.

Kenny could still hear her small cries as she realized her ball might be gone for good. He wasn't about to let that happen though, and reassured his sister that he was going to get the ball back, sealing the promise with their pinkies and a hug.

Off he went, the McCormick boy on a mission to get his sister's ball back and by god he was going to! After climbing the fence though, an alarm went off, piercing both his and Karen's ears. He covered his ears, ducking his head down rather quickly, only to feel a searing pain shoot through his chest before his body hit the snow.