38

Opal Smith was not one to talk to a Slytherin, let alone Evelyn Black. Someone from the Black family would never stoop to talking to her. Well, Sirius was different. But, Sirius wasn't like the rest of the Black family in Opal's eyes. For one, he was a Gryffindor.

Opal only talked to Eve when Lily asked her to. She had no clue why, after all she was a Black and Lily hardly even talked to Sirius, let alone Evelyn.

It was what one could consider fate when they ran into each other during one Hogwarts night. Both had snuck out of their common rooms for a similar purpose, a late night snack to get things off of their mind. Evelyn would hope her current girlfriend, Elizabeth, from Hufflepuff would join her as she hinted all day about it.

When the two stumbled upon each other they were right outside the kitchen.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't think anyone would be up." Opal whisphered she noticed the Black girl.

"Don't worry about it," Evelyn said. "You're Frank and Alice's friend, right?" The Black asked curiously. "Opal?"

Opal nodded, how the hell did she talk to Frank and Alice? Was it a pureblood thing?

"Evelyn, right?" Opal asked, pronouncing it like Evlynn.

"It's pronounced like Eve lyn,"  Evelyn clarified, "just call me Eve."

Opal nodded. "Hungry?" she guessed, getting a nod in response.

Since that moment, an unlikely friendship sparked. Now the two would be going into their fifth and sixth year.

 Now the two would be going into their fifth and sixth year

We love the kitchen.

26 likes |4 comments

stoner was tagged

certifiedpad: eve has friends?

stoner: run

s