Prologue / Added Info (Please Read!)

DISCLAIMER: This story, more so this part, does have movie spoilers for The New Mutants. Please do not read if you don't want any spoilers. (I did put warnings before the major ones were spilled!)

Danielle "Dani" Moonstar is a 16 year old girl with the ability to telepathically create illusions, specifically nightmares.

Leading up to the events of this story; she is thrown into the "lions den" of Milbury Hospital. After a catastrophic event occurring in her home land, she was sent to the Milbury Hospital due to her unknown capabilities. She built friendships, relationships, and frenemies along her journey in the new environment. To her own surprise, her powers started affecting the people around her. Once Dr. Reyes, the facility's "caretaker", finds out the extent of her powers, Reyes's "higher powers" tell her to eliminate Dani. Dani is faced with another near death experience, causing her powers to go even more berserk than before. Her fears are the ones that are showing and could cause serious harm to everyone there. *MOVIE SPOILER* Dani is able to wake up in time to talk her fear away. As she was taught as a kid, your fear / the "little bear" in you is only as big as you make it become. If you face your fears, the bear becomes tinier and more manageable. Once the events of the bear are finally over with, she escapes the facility with her four (plus Lockheed) now closest friends. 

Rahne Sinclair is a 16 year old girl with the ability to transform into a wolf or a "humanoid wolf" at will.

Leading up to the events of this story; Rahne grew up in a religious Scottish village, where she manifested her powers at the age of 13. Afterwards, she showed her powers to Reverend Craig Sinclair, who condemned her as a witch and said she was "going to hell." She then got branded on her shoulder/back with the letter "W". Then, she lived at the institution for mutants that was being ran by Dr. Cecelia Reyes. During her stay, Rahne shared her backstory during a group therapy session, befriended and started a relationship with Dani Moonstar, and faced her fear of Reverend Craig once more. Lastly, she came to the rescue and saved Dani from Dr. Reyes after she was revealed to have bad intentions. At the very end, Rahne Sinclair escaped the hospital with the others and now shares a place with Dani in the nearby town.

Roberto Da Costa is a 17 year old guy with the ability to absorb and channel solar energy. In other terms, he can turn into an almost-literal fireball and is immune to fire itself.

Leading up to the events of this story; Roberto was sent to the hospital after his mutant abilities manifested (unknown age) and he burned/killed his girlfriend, Juliana, on accident. He could be described as conceited because of his rich family in Brazil, but can also be described as fearful and just somebody who covers it up due to trauma. During the movie, he had to face his fears but eventually overcame them and gained a lot more confidence at the end when he "flamed-up" during the fight against the "fear bear". Although he isn't seen gaining any serious relationships with the others, he does get into a relationship with Illyana. Now that they have escaped the hospital, Roberto's parents, Emmanuel and Nina da Costa, made sure that he has enough money to last on his own. He allows Illyana to stay with him whenever, but it doesn't really work out, so he's mostly on his own everyday, finding things to pass the time.

Illyana Rasputin is a 17 year old girl with the ability to teleport and be a fully-capable sorceress.

Leading up to the events of the story; Illyana grew up with a not-so-nice childhood. She was thrown into the sex trafficking system at a young age, so she learned to fight. Hard. These experiences helped her build her sarcastic and closed off nature, which is commonly shown towards Dani throughout the movie. Illyana always had a soft spot for Roberto, making them the first couple "shown" in the movie. While Illyana was in her room one night, her past was shown right to her. Literally. The smiling men (the people who caused her physical harm in the past) showed up right in front of her door. These were the people who made her create a more child-like mindset in the way she acts, shown with her emotional support puppet, Lockheed. Once she figured out how to defer her inner demons, with the help of her "friends", she finally realized everyone has to work as a team to defeat the misters Dani accidentally created. After the defeat of Dani's fears, all 5 of them escaped the facility. She now lives with Roberto in one of his houses, mainly stopping by instead of living with him.

Sam Guthrie is a 16 year old guy with the ability to fly at high speed while being encased in a force field, basically creating a "cannonball".

Leading up to the events of the story; Sam worked in a mine with his father and his fathers crew ever since he could. One day, he felt cramped and stressed in the tight mining space, making his powers known to him and others for the first time. Due to not having control, he killed his father and everyone else in the mine that day. Because of Sam's fear of his powers doing that to someone else again, he only uses them while connected up to a contraption like a pole and string. He also is the most anxious and most self-aware of the group. Out of everyone, he is the first person to see his nightmare. After that retelling, he seemed off and more irritable than usual. Once he figured out he wasn't the only one going through this, he tried to help the others before they had to witness their nightmares like he witnessed his. Helping his friends was the only way he could feel better about what he saw. After the fight of the "fear bear", all 5 of the mutants left the facility. He now lives with a nice man named Henry Chapman and works at his restaurant. Sam also visits an abandoned warehouse whenever he needs some time alone. 

In the film, a sort-of important scene to mention would be the "Truth or Dare" scene. During that, Illyana, Roberto, and Sam start heading somewhere, and Rahne and Dani happen to see it. They tag along and all of the teens go up to the attic, where they believe there aren't any cameras. Inside, they play a game of "Truth or Dare" with the rules significantly switched. Instead of "Truth or Dare", it mainly becomes "Truth". You get attached to a lie detector and someone gets to ask you one question, no excuses. You answer, and Rahne watches the detector to see if you told the truth or if you lied. Roberto goes first, and they learn that he has only been with one girl but feels the need to lie and say that he's been with more because he is ashamed of his past. Next, Sam goes and they learn the significance of a specific piece of coal to him, because his dad gave it to him before his death. After that, Dani is forced to go (by Illyana's choosing) and tells the story about her bear necklace. (talked about in Dani's description) Illyana also said that Dani did not need to connect up to the lie detector due to being so readable. At the end of the scene, Illyana goes and tells everybody that she killed 18 men, one-by-one, and it wasn't a lie.

(The relevance of knowing this scene will appear in a chapter, as well as the small details in it like the bear necklace!)

Dr. Cecilia Reyes is a doctor but she is also a mutant, like the others, and she carries the ability to generate forcefields, which is seen throughout the movie. 

She is seen being very gentle and patient when she delivers the news to Dani about her town and sometimes even during group therapy sessions with everybody, but that all turns out to be a bit of a hoax when she was discovered to have different intentions with Dani. According to Dr. Reyes herself, her "superior" sends her orders that she carries out. That same superior told her to kill Dani due to her power toxicology reports, so it is very undetermined whether or not she was a real bad guy. Her personality also includes her stern-ness towards the teens whenever they do something against the rules, like spiking her drink and/or not doing what they're supposed to. *MAJOR MOVIE SPOILER* By the end of the movie, she gets killed by Dani's "demon bear", and the forcefield around Milbury Hospital is let down so the mutants can go free. In summary, Dr. Cecilia Reyes caused the mutants to have some after effects and trust issues, so if the mutants were to have a new encounter, it wouldn't end well.

In this story, there will be friendships (of course), enemies, and a few intimate relationships, like between Roberto and Illyana, as well as Dani and Rahne. In addition, there is going to be action sequences, growth and inspirational parts, and overall other cool adventure, maybe even horror stuff (because of the whole movie concept of it). And as another thing, there won't be anything inappropriate throughout the entire thing. That means no references, no curse words, etc.

Fair Warning: If you don't like women-loving-women (wlw) relationships or mutant/powers, I don't recommend reading. :)