Rebirth

Xiao Zhan suddenly opened his eyes after an unusually long sleep. All of the memories came rushing back. He was in the hospital, he had... even died. For some reason, he had memories of every single thing that happened after he fell into that deep sleep. Was this...heaven? Nah, this looked a lot like...Yibo's bedroom! He tried to adjust his body and it ached all over. He turned around and was met directly with Yibo's sleeping face. He had the impulse to run away. How could this be? How did he get here? He tried to sit up and felt a certain pain behind, below his waist. From the way Yibo's leg was draped across him, he could tell that he had somehow gone back to the first time they were both intimate.

What was this? All that was certainly not a dream. Xiao Zhan still felt the pain from finding out he had lost Yibo, he felt the pain when he heard his poor aging mother wail while holding his hands begging him to come back to her. He felt the pain when he heard his father, who seemed to have suddenly aged a few decades whisper to him, saying if there was a way to come back, he should. How was he supposed to take care of his mother with Zhan gone, didn't Xiao Zhan realize he was his mother's life? He felt the pain when Darren desperately screamed out his name, holding him tightly and refusing to let go even after the doctor pronounced him dead. He felt even more pain when Yibo finally came beside him, he didn't even cry. He looked sad but that was it.

This relationship had triggered his heart condition, one he didn't know he had. What was he to do? He loved this person to death but things were bound to turn sour. He had been given another chance, he could try to avoid the unfortunate incident that broke them apart. If he was unlucky, it would end up reoccurring, maybe in a different way. Another option was to simply take a different path from what he did previously. Maybe, just maybe things were going to be different this time. He decided the least he could do was live well for his parents sake no matter which way this life turned out to be.

He looked around, picked up his phone and glanced at the time, it was a few minutes past 7pm. He remembered in the previous life, Darren called him at about this time. If Darren really called, then he would confirm that....

As he was thinking, he heard his phone ring and as expected, it was Darren. He picked up the call and a calm voice rang in his ears,

"Hey asshole! You were supposed to send those materials to my email. Don't tell me you forgot. Since you moved in with Yibo, you've become more and more careless. What am I supposed to do with you A'Zhan". This was the exact way the conversation went previously.

After they ended the call, Xiao Zhan got up to leave but Yibo pulled him back to bed and pressed him down. "Leaving so soon? How is it, are you still in pain?" As he spoke, he ran his hands over Zhan's inner thighs and paused when he got close to his back entrance.

This was similar to what happened in the previous life. At that time, he and Yibo did it many more times that night. Xiao Zhan roughly figured that the occurrences would be similar but knowing what was coming, he might be able to change a few things in this life time. Xiao Zhan kept staring at Yibo for a long time. Truth was he was trying to remember how much had happened. His father hadn't fallen for that scam yet so things were still okay.

"I have to go Yibo". Having said that, Xiao Zhan got up and left without sparing Yibo a second glance. If Xiao Zhan had looked back, he would have seen a completely startled look on Yibo's face.

..........................................

When Yibo opened his eyes, it was the first day of 7th grade. It took him a long time to put his befuddled state in check and figure out he had gone back in time. Once he did that, he was unexpectedly eager to go to school. When his parents informed him he would be attending a public school, Yibo had thrown a tantrum but right now, he had something to look forward to. Yibo had met Xiao Zhan for the first time in this school.