Childhood (Past life)

"Ziyi, meet Wang Yibo. He would be living with us for some time. Take him as your brother and take of him from now on".

Ziyi was 9 years old when she met Yibo. She grew up as an only child, her parents had to travel often so she was left at the mercy of caretakers and domestic helpers. At a very tender age, Ziyi had learned to live by herself.

In school, she had only a handful of people whom she talked with, she considered them her classmates rather than her friends. When she met Yibo, she was reluctant to welcome a stranger into her life but seeing the pitiful young boy holding a teddy on one hand and grabbing on to his mother's garment with another hand, her heart softened up a little.

"Hello", she stretched her hands towards Yibo but he hid even further away from her. She couldn't seem to hide the disgusted look on her face as her patience was quite low. Her mother quickly tried to remedy the situation.

"Ziyi, you must be patient with Yibo. His family just suffered a tragedy and he was directly affected. He is very afraid of strangers that's why he seems cold but he is such a sweet kid".

Ziyi was reading a children's book when her mother came to disturb her quiet time. It was about a certain princess who slept for so long and a prince had to kiss her before she woke up. Ziyi wondered why other kids loved these stories as they made no sense to her.

"Do you know how to read?", she stretched the book towards Yibo.

"..."

Ziyi figured it might be hard to get along with this kid.

Wang Yibo and his parents lived with the Meng's. The parents often travelled so Ziyi was left with Yibo. One night, she got up to drink some water and heard someone crying by her door. She opened up to find Yibo sitting there.

"What is the matter, why are you crying by this time? Did someone hit you?

Yibo shook his head.

"Then talk to your big sister. What is wrong?"

Hearing her mention big sister, Yibo seemed to get more comfortable.

"I saw them again in my dream. Those men that took me away. They came here and took me from my room when I was sleeping. As soon as I woke up, I came here"

Aha, this kid had a nightmare. As for the talk about the men, Ziyi had no idea what he meant but she wanted to go back to sleep. She couldn't leave her 'baby brother' crying.

"Alright, come and sleep in my bed. If anyone tries to take you away, I'd help you fight them off.

The little Wang Yibo, who just turned 7 entered her room happily. Thus, every night, Yibo would sneak into Ziyi's bed after she slept and left before she woke up. Of course Ziyi was aware but she didn't mind. Her bed was quite large and she was sometimes lonely. Having her baby brother with her made her feel...warm.

Yibo enrolled in Ziyi's school and soon they both became almost inseparable. Yibo's parents lived with the Mengs for more than 7 months before moving to their own place but the relationship between their children only got stronger. Ziyi protected and took care of Yibo in school, she really loved being a big sister.

As for how Yibo's family came to live with the Mengs, it all started when the chairman of Wang holdings; Wang Qiren passed on. The chairman was the father to Yibo's dad. He had 4 legitimate sons and a long line of illegitimate children. Naturally, he had an heir to the company, which was the largest in Southern part of the country, where Yibo was originally from. His chosen heir happened to be his youngest child, Yibo's dad.

After his passing, there was a long power tussle and his illegitimate children started to get missing mysteriously or they just turned up dead. Of course, everyone suspected the first son to be behind him because he was the most ambitious of them all but with no proof, nothing could be done.