Chapter 34

*Rick's POV*

We drove back and everything was silent. And it felt empty with Daryl being gone,  but if it was my brother and our roles were reversed I think I would've gone too. I was just more worried about how people were going to take it. Glenn was pissed at everything that happened in Woodbury. After a long silent ride we pulled up to the gates. Skylar stood up followed by Carl and opened the gates.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

Oh god they're back! I opened and the gates and the car stopped and everyone got out except for who I wanted to see. I looked in the windows and didn't see anyone else besides the woman. I looked at Rick,

"Rick where's Daryl?"

He stood up from hugging Carl and looked at me and suddenly my heart sank.

"No-"

"No he's alive. We ran into his brother and they left together."

At that point my heart broke.  He promised to come back to me. I started to cry and I started to feel  my legs weaken and Rick grabbed me and started to slowly walk.

"He left?" I asked trying to let it sink in.

"I'm sorry"

"He- he's gone."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I sat up on the perch where Daryl and I use to be looking at his cot angry. How could he just leave me like that? I was so mad at Daryl and I was never gunna see him again unless- suddenly an idea hit me and I ran down the stairs carring a bag.

"Where you going?" Glenn asked.

I ignored him and kept  walking. I heard Glenn call Rick but I  just walked  outside.

"Skylar"

I was halfway  down the walk way making  my way to Daryl's  motorcycle. That's  when everyone  caught  up with me.

"Skylar  what are you doing?" Glenn asked  grabbing  my arm.

I yanked my arm out of his grip.

"Going  to find Daryl and-"

"And then what?" Rick asked.

I thought  for a second.

"I'm gunna take his  crossbow  and punch  him in the nose."

Rick grabbed  my arm.

"Skylar  it's to dangerous  you can't  go out there" Maggie told  me.

"I'll  be fine."

"Skylar no!" Rick said.

I yanked  my arm away and got up  close to his  face.

"Why didn't  you bring  him back?!" I yelled.

"Want me to bring him back. Throw down a welcome  map for Merle!"

"I don't  know who that is!" I yelled pushing  Rick.

I went after  him and that's  when Maggie and Glenn grabbed me holding  me back.

"You need to deal  with it. This is the hand we've  been dealt!"

I pushed off Maggie and Glenn.

"Fuck you Rick."

I ran back to the prison  and went inside going  straight  back up to the perch.