Chapter 3

*Daryl's POV*

I layed awake looking at the top of my tent. Skylar's cot was on opposite side of the tent and she was sleeping. She stirred a few times and curled up she only had a hoodie on and even though she was sleeping her teeth were chattering. Skylar's hair was long and some of it hung over the side of her cot. Getting up I went over to my bag and pulled out the extra blanket and covered her up. It didn't take long for Skylar to stop shivering. I rested easy knowing she was warm.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

--Flashback--

"Kaiden come on" I pulled him along with me.

He was all I had left. My mother killed herself she couldn't handle what the world was like now. And my best friend Andy disappeared one night in Atlanta. Honestly I didn't know if Andy was alive or dead. Kaiden followed me as I practically dragged him. We had to leave the city it was to dangerous to stay.

"Sky you're hurting my arm" He hissed.

At this point I didn't care my brother and I were going to get out of this.

"Just hold on we're almost there Kaiden!"

He might have been older than me but he saved me dozens of times. We were running I felt like my lungs were going to burst but I kept going. We were almost out of the city when suddenly I was yanked back and screams filled the air. My brother was being attacked by walkers.

"KAIDEN!!" I screamed and grabbed my knife.

I took out the walkers that attacked my brother and then I knelt next to him.

"Skylar you have to get out of here. You need to survive." I shook my head crying.

"No not without you please come on."

"Skylar it's to late for me, you need to go" He sounded so breathless, he was on the verge of dying I took his arm.

"No you're all I have please"

"I can't go, Sky baby girl you need to promise me you'll survive. Don't let this world....beat you....you need to make it. Promise....me?"

That's when Kaiden's eyes closed and his breathing stopped. I put my hands on his chest.

"Kaiden? No, no"

I layed my head on his chest and cried. My brother was gone, I know what I had to do. Taking my knife with my shaking hand I touched my brothers face.

"I love you Kaiden, I promise" I cried and dug my knife into Kaiden's head.

--End of Flashback--

I shot up and looked around, my heart was racing and I had tears running down my face. I was in Daryl's tent and he was still asleep I looked down at myself there was a dark green blanket over me. I looked over at Daryl he must have given it to me so I wasn't cold. Moving the blanket off I laced up my boots and quietly left the tent and walked across the feild into the woods. I was sure to keep an eye out for walkers so I wasn't grabbed. I came to a hill and smiled Kaiden and I use to go sledding all the time. Wiping my eyes I got lost in my thoughts. Why me? I didn't want to lose my family and everyone I cared about. Especially my brother even when I was mentally alone he was there for me.

End it Skylar it can all stop here!

Suicide was something that went through my mind often. I could end it just kill myself like my mother did, seemed easier that way. A moaning came from behind me and I stepped back losing my footing and tumbling down the hill.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Damn! I layed there with the wind knocked out of me. That's when a walker grabbed my boot and began trying to eat me. I screamed and reached for my knife. Shit! Rick had that and my gun. I had never been so grateful for knee high boots in my life. I tried moving back and get up but the walker kept crawling up my body. I was holding it back pushing back on its shoulders as it tried to bite me. Even as I did this I screamed and struggled this walker was strong. This is it, I was going to die this way. Suddenly my arrow was shot through the walkers head. Then it collapsed lifeless on top of me. On top of me it was still heavy I struggled out from under it and took several deep breaths. Suddenly my arm was yanked and on instinct I fought but then I was looking at a pair of pissed off blue eyes, Daryl's eyes.