[15]

Third Person P.O.V.

"When do you think Julie will let us see Dahlia again?" Reggie asks.

Alex shakes his head. He knows the feeling of persistent longing that they've both had. "I don't know."

"You know, we could just go up there," Reggie says, looking up at the house from the driveway. "Julie doesn't have to know."

"Reg," Alex sighs, kicking a rock down the driveway. "Julie is up there. And even if we go, Dahlia would say something and Julie would freak."

"Then we tell Dahlia not to say anything," Reggie shrugs. "Come on. I miss her."

"You know Dahlia's a terrible liar," Alex rolls his eyes. He takes a deep breath before looking up at the house. "I miss her too."

*****

Dahlia brings her leg up onto the couch, wrapping her arm around it.

"Let's watch Outer Banks," Julie suggests. "We have to watch it again before season 2 comes out anyway."

"Sounds great," Dahlia nods.

"I'll go make some popcorn," Julie claps her hands together as Dahlia turns the show on. When she sets the remote back down, she notices Julie's phone vibrating. She lifts it up to see who could be calling. She's shocked to see Tyler's name across the screen.

Dahlia doesn't answer the phone. After the call ends, she opens Julie's phone. It feels wrong, but she's curious. She didn't think Julie and Tyler liked each other all that much.

She quickly opens Julie's texts, finding her conversation with Tyler. She reads a threat from Julie, dont tell her.

"Don't tell her what?" Dahlia mumbles, scrolling farther up. Her eyes land on what Tyler is supposed to keep a secret.

"What are you doing?"

Dahlia nearly drops the phone when Julie's voice rings behind her.

"Jake-" Dahlia breathes. "He shot himself."

Julie runs over and snatches the phone from Dahlia's hand. "You weren't supposed to see that, Lia."

"Jake is dying," she says, slowly standing up. "Jake is f-f-fing dying and you didn't tell me! You were just going to let him die without letting me see him!"

"Lia, please," Julie runs her hand on Dahlia's arm. "It wasn't my choice. You- they thought you'd relapse or something."

"Relapse? Relapse?" Dahlia clenched her teeth, bringing her voice low. "You and I both know damn well that I never lapsed in the first place. That place screwed me up more than getting kidnapped by Caleb effing Covington ever did."

"Lia, quiet," Julie cut in, looking over her shoulder. "Dad. He'll hear you. Or worse, Carlos."

"What like how I heard voices?" Lia gets in Julie's face. "Because we both know that didn't happen either."

"Dahlia," Julie says sternly.

Dahlia's eyes narrow to a glare, but not before the tears start to well up. "Goodnight Julie."

She walks toward the door, grabbing a blanket on her way out.

"Where are you going?" Julie asks. Dahlia doesn't answer. She slams the front door shut behind her.

"Damnit," Julie mumbles under her breath. "Not again."

A.N.

Sorry its been so long and this is such a short chapter. I've just been stressed lately. I'm nearly the end of my junior year so schools a lil hectic.

I appreciate all of you being so patient with me.

All my love!!! 💘

-Redd

💫🦋🧔🏼👁👄👁🤠💕☠🌟👹🌲😤🤷‍♀️🐰🌵