[19]

Julie's P.O.V.

"I need to talk to you," I lean against the other side of his locker. He closes it with a huff and looks me up and down before walking away. "Wait!"

I jog to keep up with him.

"If you're here to ask for more advice about Dahlia, I don't know what to tell you," he shrugs.

"I just need you to come talk to her with me," I grab his arm and turn him back to face me.

"Dont you think I've hurt her enough?" He looks around the hallway, keeping his voice low.

"Then come with me and apologize for yourself, Tyler," I try to persuade him. It feels like I'm just auctioning off my guilt. Part of me thinks that if Tyler comes with me to apologize, Dahlia will go easier on me. Maybe she'll be more forgiving.

"Julie," he grabs my shoulders. "You need to do this. She is your sister. You need her."

"I can't," I whisper, shaking my head. "What if I just make her spiral or something? What if people see her? What if they send her back to that place?"

"You can do this," Tyler reassures me, letting go of my shoulders. "Just start with I'm sorry for not telling you about Jake. The rest should just come out from there. Just be honest."

I nod, blinking a few times. "Okay."

"Now, go to class," he says, turning and walking down the hallway as the bell rings. I look up at the clock before taking off down the now empty hallway.

*****
Luke's P.O.V.

I close my guitar case. The club wasn't empty until 10 A.M., leaving me playing for 12 hours.

"I'm going out," Caleb says, pulling a glove over his hand. "You're free to spend the day how you like. I expect you back by sunset."

"Yes, sir," I nod. Caleb turns, his jacket flaring.

"Oh," he pauses. "And don't even think about seeing that girl. Or you can say goodbye to any chance of seeing her again. Am I clear?"

"Crystal," I nod my head once. He looks me up and down before swishing his jacket and poofing out of the club.

"You arr going to go to her, aren't you?" Aura chimes from the corner of the staircase.

"I'm not allowed," I smirk.

"Connerie!" She waves a hand. "One doss not follow ze rules when zey are in love."

"Who said I'm in love?" I ask, straightening up.

Aura rolls her eyes and starts to walk up the stairs. "Stupid boy."

"Hey!" I poof next to her. "I'm not stupid."

"Zen go give her ze necklace," she smiles. "I vill be on Sunset Boulevard ven you need me."

"Aura," I reach into my pocket and pull out the necklace she had given me back in France. "What will happen? When I give her the necklace, I mean?"

Aura shakes her head. "Zat I cannot tell you."

"Surely you know," I look back down at the necklace.

"Luke," she closes my fingers back around the necklace and gives them a reassuring squeeze. "Go get ze girl."

"Right," I nod, slipping the necklace back in my pocket. "I have to go to Dahlia, like now."

"Yes, you do," Aura laughs. "Good luck Prince Charming."

"Hmm," I hum. "I'm more of an Eric."

"Go! You stupid boy," she points toward the door, even though I'm not going to use it, and laughs. I poof out of the club and appear in front of the house. I shiver, well I have the sensation of a shiver. I don't actually get cold or warm, I mean, I am dead.

A.N.

Ummm... this book is getting close to its end. Unless... yep. I think i just changed the plot in my mind. Mmm no I think I changed it back.

^^live indecisiveness ladies, gents, and however else you identify

Anywho! I'm excited for the next chapter.

Have yall listened to Sour yet? You should.

^^follow my Instagram to see my drawings more frequently @ redd_editss

-Redd

💫🦋🧔🏼👁👄👁🤠💕☠🌟👹🌲😤🤷‍♀️🐰🌵