Chapter Six

Days if not weeks had passed since Adora's rescue... and since the former warlord found the crystal. He did not know what or who Entrapta was. What puzzled him was why she seemed so important. He tried to remember. He'd flash out the crystal or search his memories when no one was paying attention, but it was no use trying.

Despite all this, he kept the crystal with him. He knew its significance had to shine through at one point.

As for everything else, Prime had kept him busy. For some reason, the lord had wanted this particular brother to work higher up in the ranks. This way, Prime could better observe his behavior.

Currently, Prime's hands clenched into fists. His four green eyes were glowing with hate as he glared at his computer screen. Hordak stood besides the throne, watching as well. Images and videos relayed back from Horde occupied planets. Images and videos of intelligent creatures flying their own flags or rebelling against occupations of Horde bots.

With each passing planet, Horde Prime's temper became one step closer to blowing his top.

"How many now?" he seethed, trying to keep his cool.

The clone on the other side of the throne responded. "At least a dozen occupied planets. We are stamping out the dissidents, but their message is spreading. They say they are revolting against the Horde in the name of... the Rebellion."

Horde Prime snarled.

"... and She-Ra."

The former defect stifled a gasp. Where did he know that name from? He felt a strange sensation run through him, almost like someone was pouring icy water down his spine. Sensations weren't good, but Horde Prime didn't seem to notice.

Prime calmed. "My heart aches for these misguided children," he explained, rising from his throne. "Now more than ever, I am assured of my plan to use the Heart of Etheria to bring peace to all the universe."

Hordak dropped his gaze. Worry lines creased his face.

"But without She-Ra," Horde Prime hummed, "how will I activate it?"

Neither clone knew.

Prime switched topics, addressing the clones. "It's time to crush this spark of rebellion," he seethed, "for good."

During the time of Adora's escape, Horde Prime had sought to inflict revenge on her and her friends. She held some sort of power against Prime that this clone had yet to discern. Instead of resorting to normal Horde procedures, he'd decided to take it up a notch. He sent troops down to chip Etherians, just like they did to Catra. With them forcefully brought into the light, he could use these Etherians to attack themselves. Every last spark of rebellion will be extinguished.

. . .

Later that afternoon, the clone decided to revisit the destroyed part of the ship. Even with the full attention of all the clones, there was still some remaining debris. The walls and ceiling had been restored.

He came here because no one else did. No one would think to spread their consciousness out to check here for insubordination.

This clone knew the punishment for such mental crimes. Trying to recall a time from before his recreation could result in more pain than he could ever imagine. For some reason, he felt like he was used to pain though. He felt like there was a time when pain was his constant companion.

Alas, that wasn't important.

He pulled his hood over his head and stole a glance at the crystal. It gleamed in the harsh lighting. He glared at it intently, as if to somehow make the runes click in his head. What is it you mean?