Chapter 10: Passion & Disaster.

*Smut Ahead*

I go through my wardrobe with irritation. As I have lived in Volterra for just under a year, I have collected quite the mass of dresses and heels—even sweatpants are hard to find among the sea of tulle and satin. However, with enough digging, I find my old articles of clothing that Marcus allowed me to keep for the privacy of our chambers but have not worn since shopping with Athenadora. Not to mention that often enough, I don't require clothes when in bed, mainly due to Marcus. I throw the plain and average looking clothing into my suitcase. I am getting myself ready to leave for Forks. After the ball, I had a meeting with my mate and his co-leaders to discuss my temporary absence. Caius was obviously against the idea, but his brothers kept their word and fought for my allowance out of Italy. The argument remains fresh as it went like so...

"Absolutely not. Neither one of us can afford to leave Volterra at this time. You two have spent enough of your days floundering about with Ana, and I have been handling trials on my own. The Cullens will have to settle for your well wishes, sister." Caius says authoritatively, but Marcus quickly cuts in.

"We have not fallen behind on our work. We are not children, Caius. Allow Ana and I to leave...it will only be a short visit, and we will return just as quickly." Marcus almost demands, his hand clutches at the arm of his throne to the point of nearly crushing it.

"No. Behind or not. We are the Volturi...we need to prioritize our work over all else. If not, then shall we become nothing but a laughingstock to those bellow us?" Caius sneers.

"Brother, I am sure that we can handle affairs on our own. Marcus only needs two or three days to accompany Ana. Let us not dwell on such a small matter." Aro tries from his seat, but Caius' glare deepens.

"Two or three days is far too much time to give, Aro. I have my own wife to please, just as you do. I will not push away her needs for a mere union of a human girl." Caius spits, but I glare back.

"That human girl you are referring to is my sister."

"Lest not forget the soul bond of our own relations, sister." He retorts. "I understand the importance, I do. However, to allow Marcus to follow you on this little trip will also cost us a few Elite guards to protect not just a Volturi leader, but his mate—which will hinder us the trouble of sending more guards than we can afford. I am sorry, sister...but this is my ruling."

"I...Caius. Please." My rage is no longer the face of my argument, but now desperation as I look to him with pooling eyes. "I don't ask for anything but this. There must be something that can be done. Bella is my only sister. I haven't seen my father in almost a year...please, just this once and I will never leave these walls again." I plead.

"Brother...Anastasia should be permitted to go. I think it unfair since she has sacrificed much to remain here. If we cannot spare Marcus for the sake of releasing a party of guards...perhaps two elite guards should be enough for Anastasia alone?" Aro suggests, however, his tone shows no sign of backing down.

"Yes. If I remain here, allow Ana to leave with Felix and Demetri. She will be safe, and we will not lose much by sending them. We have sent them out before, what's another occasion?" Marcus adds.

Caius hasn't removed his cold stare from me, and I continue to watch him back while anticipating with the hope of his approval. Our staring match stays unchanged for a few passing moments, his thoughts obviously trekking around his brain, until finally, he relaxes slightly, and his gaze softens. "Sister do understand that I too cherish you just as my brothers do. If this will be the final request, then I will allow for it to be so." Changing his focus, he looks past me. "Felix, Demetri. Ready the private jet to leave in a week from now. You will escort Anastasia to the Cullens. Once the event is over, you will bring her back immediately—understand?" He orders; immediately appearing behind me, both Felix and Demetri nod.