Chapter 33: Past Meets Future.

Hello everyone! So, I know that I have been a little off the radar with this story, as I have been genuinely at a cross roads with whether or not I would mark it complete as is, or to continue with my original idea. After much debate and with the frequent requests to update, I have decided to reengage with this story and finally give it 'another' ending. Just to keep everyone on the same page, the continuation of the story is going to happen with a time jump of three years. I hope you all enjoy!

"Aro—stop!" I giggle as my mate nips at my shoulder.

"I'm sorry amore, but you're just so irresistible." He sighs against my neck.

I swat him away playfully, turning back to the vanity mirror. "Haven't we done enough already? You and Marcus are incorrigible." I shake my head, fixing the few fallen strands of hair that fell around my temple.

"We will never get enough of you, Anastasia." He croons, turning my head towards him.

"And neither will I...but for now—allow me to get ready! We haven't had a ball in years, and now I am going to debut as the mate of two of the Volturi leaders. Not to mention Charlotte's debut as daughter of the Volturi." I breathe almost anxiously as I fix my earrings.

Aro chuckles with my nervous state, bringing my face to meet him once more. "You will be as marvelous as you were the first ball...and our princess is already so loved by those who meet her, I do not see any need to worry." He brushes a finger against my cheekbone, making me ease slightly with his comfort.

"I suppose you're right."

"No...you know that I am right. Anastasia Thalia Volturi. The brave and fierce human who stood against the leaders of the vampire world upon their first meeting. The human who faced the trials and challenges of finding out that she had two mates instead of one. The stubborn and willful woman who carried a hybrid child to labour and survived not just delivery but her transformation as a vampire. My Anastasia who sacrificed her life to save mine..." Aro nearly chokes on the memory of his guilt, before looking back at me with sincere eyes. "You are a force of nature that no one has ever experienced. My dear, you are not just being debuted as our mate...but our Queen."

I melt with Aro's support. He has always been there to soften my guard and to cure my anxiety. Bringing my hand to his cheek, I lean close to his face. "I love you."

"As I love you." He says back, kissing me with a passion that is short lived when the bedroom door swings open.

"Mama!" My daughter greets while racing in with a bright smile.

"Sprout." I welcome her with an equally bright smile.

"Look at the dress that Papa bought for me. It's also father's favourite colour." She turns to Aro with a grin.

"Ah yes, red suits you well, my summer flower." Aro pinches her nose playfully as I continue to look at her with a growing sadness.

"Yes...you look beautiful." I stare at my daughter. Only five years old, but she holds the appearance and attitude of a teen. Aro and Marcus informed me of a vampire named Nahuel who is a fully grown hybrid. He is a hundred and fifty years old...thankfully, that means that my daughter and niece will be living a long life. But her adulthood will be set at the age of only seven.

"Don't look so sad, amore..." Aro says to me, knowing well that our daughter's rapid growth upsets me.

I nod, trying to keep back from sobbing. "I know...I know. I'm just...I wish she could have been a baby for longer." I nearly whisper, tucking back Charlotte's dark brown waves.