Chapter 14: The second task.

⚠️ SMUT (kinda), there's gonna be mentioning of sex.

24th of February

I wake up to the sounds of french horns blaring.

I look to my right to see that Cedric had saved me. I couldn't help but give him a peck on his nose.

I was in my Hogwarts uniform, soaking wet.

I was helped onto a platform and a towel was wrapped around me immediately to help with the cold weather.

A few seconds later Viktor Krum floats up to the surface carrying Hermione and turning back into his human form.

Fleur is surrounded by people trying to comfort her as she couldn't save her sister.

But after a few minutes, Ron and Gabrielle Delacour appear and Fleur rushes to help.

Harry is still nowhere to be seen and people are starting to get concerned.

There are only a couple of seconds left on the clock.

BONG!

The clock strikes and the time is up with Harry still left on the water.

You can hear mumbles from everyone all around and then suddenly something shoots out from the water.

It's Harry, and he lands perfectly on the platform. People begin to cheer and the music starts playing.

Everyone was safe.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yells and the crowd goes quiet.

"And now for the winners," He adds.

"In first place: Mr Diggory," He shouts.

Cedric and his friends cheer.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead shark. The way I see it, Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr Weasly but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre." He says.

Me and a few others begin to cheer.

Krum came third and Fleur fourth.

Cedric walked over to me and whispered,

"Tonight, we're celebrating,"

"Where and when?" I asked.

"You'll find out," He said and kissed my hand then began to walk away, leaving my face in a bright shade of red.

"Well look who's just been swooned," I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

I look behind me to see Luna.

"He wants to celebrate tonight," I said.

"Ooooo," She teases.

"Hey no making fun of me. I just got out of the freezing water," I said

"Alright let's go get you a hot chocolate and a pair of clean clothes," She said.

"Thank you," I said and we began walking together back to our dorms.

________________________

"I'm so happy you're okay," I said as I ran over to Hermione to hug her.

"I was so scared when Dumbledore told me about the task," She said while hugging me.

"Same! I'm glad everyone's alright," I said and pulled away from our hug.

"I hear you have a date tonight," She said.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"A little owl told me," She said.