Chapter 9: The Yule ball.

11th of December, 2 weeks from the yule ball. 

Snow. Everywhere. This is why I love Christmas.

The sound of little kids giggling while building snowmen and having snowball fights always reminded me of when I was younger when I made snow angels with my brother, Alex who passed away 3 years ago due to brain cancer.

It was a heartbreak for the entirety of my family but you learn to move on eventually which I know is what he would've wanted.

The last thing he told me was to always keep believing in Santa and to never forget Bob the snowman. It's what he called every snowman we built, so every year me and my parents make Bob the snowman in memory of him.

This year was one of the most exciting Christmases because I get to spend it with one more important person in my life.

My thoughts were interrupted by an owl that landed on the window I was looking out of.

"Hey (Y/N),

Remember when I let you borrow my invisibility cloak for a favour?

Well I think it's time for you to help me ask out Cho Chang.

With two weeks left to the ball there's bound to be so many guys wanting to ask her out.

-Harry."

I had completely forgotten about the favour I owed Harry.

To think he was struggling so much just to ask a girl "Do you want to go to the yule ball with me." is absolutely ridiculous.

I rolled my eyes then got dressed in a striped pastel colored top and a fitted pink skirt went to have breakfast.

This time I went to sit with Luna because I felt like I hadn't been spending that much time with her.

"Morning." I said, then yawned.

"GOOD MORNING!" She said enthusiastically.

"Why are you so cheerful? it's 6am." I said.

"Come on (Y/N) you have to be more cheerful! It's a new day." She said and shook my shoulders.

"I just want to eat my toast in peace." I said in a whiny voice.

She shook her head.

"You should always be happy that it's another day and you woke up!" She said.

"Yeah I get that but I'm bloody tired." I said and laughed.

"Are you excited for the Yule ball?" She asked.

"Hell yeah!" I said.

"Who asked you out to the ball?" I asked.

"Dean Thomas." She said.

"Luna." I said in a serious voice.

"What?" She said and looked worried.