Five

"Listen, I'm sorry." 

I ignored him, scrubbing the floor with the mop.

I was furious with him. Just absolutely done with his nonsense. Why couldn't we have gotten someone quiet?

"I didn't mean for you to get caught. This was all One's idea, not mine." Will stopped mopping momentarily. "Can I at least make it up to you?"

"And how would you do that?" I snapped.

"Well..." Will rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe you could have dinner with us tonight? And maybe half off everything at the cafe for a year?"

"You own a cafe?" How many surprises did this guy have?

"I don't, my dad does. I just work there." He continued mopping. "I might even send you home with a few plants."

"You'll have to try harder, Trappe." I was still mad at him. 

"Fiiiiiine, everything at the cafe is free for a year." He rolled his eyes.

I thought for a moment, then said, "All that, and a job at the cafe."

His mop clattered to the floor.

"Are you saying..." he began, "you wanna work for us?"

I still needed a way to pay for everything scholarships wouldn't cover. And if I had a job at the cafe... "That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Fine then, Goldie, all that and a job. Do we have a deal?" He held out his hand.

"We do." I grabbed his hand, almost jumping back at how cold it was.

"Glad we agree on that." he let go and kept mopping.

I was surprised he didn't pull any shenanigans, but I knew he was about to do something the moment I saw him smirking as he reached into his pocket.

I didn't pay any attention, until I felt something crawl up my leg.

"Aww, he likes you!" I looked down, screaming at the large hairy spider that was climbing up my leg.

"Get it off, get it off!" I frantically tried to kick the spider off, getting angrier when he only laughed.

"This thing could kill me!" I panicked.

"He's not gonna hurt ya." Will plucked the large spider off my leg. "Are ya, Monsieur Leggy? Huh? Who's a good boy?" There he goes, talking in that voice usually reserved for pets.

"That's your pet?!" I stammered, holding the mop as if it was a weapon, just in case it tried to attack.

"Yeah, this is Monsieur Leggy. His legal name is Chicken Nugget Destroyer, but don't tell him that." He held up the spider. "Say hi!"

The spider waved its nasty, furry arm at me. I didn't want to even glance at it.

"He's not that big, Goldie." Will clearly found this hilarious. "That would be Missy. Short for Missile Launcher."

"I don't think I'd want to go to your house." I lowered my mop. I then pictured a gigantic, terrifying spider looming over me, fangs dripping with venom.

"Missy's only the size of a dinner plate."

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!!"