Seven

"Get up, boys, dinner is ON!!!!"

Did he have to be so loud? What am I saying, this is Will I'm talking about.

I went down the hall, glancing at the few portraits hanging from the walls. All of them were of Twins 1-4, sometimes this older boy with jade green hair and thick rimmed glasses, and Pit. Not a single picture of a mother. Maybe they were adopted? That can't be; the twins looked a lot like him!

My search led me to a closed door at the end of the hallway, a sign put up on it that said Do Not Enter.

So I entered, as you do.

The room was filled with old photographs, framed pictures, and stacks of newspapers. The one that I nearly stepped on was one of Pit, a one year old with Pit's yellow hair and silver eyes, and this brown haired, silver eyed woman. The woman's face look like it had been stabbed over and over with a knife, tearing the picture and shattering the glass.

Similar photographs. Either the woman was cut out completely, the picture was stabbed to remove her, or her face was scored out with a Sharpie.

The last one I picked up was a small photo of the woman and what looked like Matt except as a baby and with black hair. It was the only photo that wasn't horribly mutilated to the point the face was no longer recognizable, and that may be due to the bone chilling message written on the back.

I hope you're happy trying to kill our children.

What did that even mean? Well, time to look at the articles.

Terrifying shapeshifter Spring Bonnie ravages Louisiana.

Menace Straight From Hell: Spring Bonnie's Reign of Terror

Killer in Yellow

The Mad Hare of Louisiana

Could Spring Bonnie be a Diablo?

Spring Bonnie: What You Need To Know

I did recall hazy memories of that name when I was little. At first, I thought it was just an urban legend, but seeing these articles...

Some of the headlines were circled. Some had nonsensical writings on them. I shoved one such article in my pocket, hoping to analyze it later.

Carefully I shuffled through more of the articles, not even noticing someone enter. I almost ignored the hand on my shoulder.

"Henry." It was Will.

I dropped one of the clippings. "Oh, he-"

"What did you see?" he demanded. It really was a terrifying transition, seeing him this serious. Now that I think of it, he really did look like the woman in the photos.

"Nothing." I lied through gritted teeth. "I was just-"

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, leaning in way too close to my face. "If I see you anywhere near this room again, I just might have to break my promise to her."

"What?" I gasped, struggling to get out of his grasp.

He grinned, for a few seconds looking animalistic. Then he let go and relaxed. "Lighten up, Goldie, dinner's ready. Come on down."

I wasn't hungry anymore.