#ɢɪʀʟʙᴏss

"YOU SLAMMED THE DOOR ON HIM?" claire shoves a fork-full of cake in her mouth. yeah i took the fallen cake, one of my many flaws.

i give her a shrug, mimicking her action. "wasn't in the mood for vanilla."

"you're just down bad." she points her fork at me, with a smirk planted on her face.

"what can i say, i'm a girl boss."

"all seriousness, thea." claire gently places her fork in the sink, throwing the paper plate in the trash. "why, though?"

"what do you mean?"

"why be.. mean?" she flutters her hands around, trying to draw me out a picture.

"claire, he broke my streak." i throw my arms up, as if it was obvious. "i was so close."

"so you decide to be a bitch?"

"i mean when you put it that way, i guess?"

"i wonder why the piece isn't clicking for you?"

"maybe cause i'm a girl boss?"

"right." claire holds out her phrase. giving me an 'okay-sure' look.

"what's with the eyes." i wave my finger towards her face.

"nothing." she shurg, whilst shaking her hands in front of her figure. "just think you should, maybe, apologize?" she traces her finger against my marble countertops.

"and why do you think that?" i roll my eyes, as i throw my fork in the sink.

"because that's the right thing to do."

damn claire and her mortals. she's like a little angel, no one ever think she's done anything wrong.

"is the little angel on your shoulder, telling you all this?"

"yes both of them."

"tell them, no shot." i wiggle around on the barstool i am sitting on, trying to un-numb my bum.

"what do i have to do for you to?" claire leans across the counter, attempting to strike a deal.

"nothing, cause i'm not doing it."

she lets out a frustrate sigh as she runs her finger throughout her hair.

"why do you want me to do it so bad?"

"i'm apologizing on your behalf." she ignores my question, as she makes her way over to my door.

"no, you don't." i quickly get up from my seat. ripping the skin off of the back of my thighs, on the metal chair.

i grab onto her shoulder, pushing my weight down on her petite figure. she falls on her knees, cursing under her breath.

i quickly run over to my front door, sliding on the wood flooring. falling, also. i groan at the pain that is cause at the smalls of my back.

claire must've gotten up, as i see her scurry past me. her, herself, trying not to fall. i watch her every movement. seeing her cautious-self, in the act of her reaching for the door handle.

"hah!" she gleams. "i made it."

i slowly get to my knees. " don't you dare turn that handle."

"my angels are telling me to."

"tell them to shut up!" i am finally able to stand to my feet.

"i'm doing it." claire stares me down, as she gradually turns the handle.

i hurry over to her, attempting to stop her action. she swiftly swings open the door, causing me to run forward, into the wall.

"fuck." i whine, as i rub the bridge of my nose.

i hear a little snort to my left. i perk up to the sound, like a little puppy.

oh, to my surprise. my neighbor.

"hi!" claire comes out of my apartment, holding out her hand. "i'm claire, thea friend."

"george." he shakes claires hand.

i stand there with my arms cross. biting my lip to hold back the tears, cause by the pain in my nose.

claire elbows me in the ribs. i wince at the pain. i just keep on getting beat up today. "thea."

"i apologize on her behalf." claire steps in my view.

i ball up my fist, air punching claire in the arm. claire just blabbers on. i'm not paying attention to what she's saying, of course.

my attention is on the nodding neighbor, or should i say george. he seems to notice my staring, as he looks over to me, and sticks his tongue out.

i silently gasp, as i do the same.

of course claire has no clue what is happening. once she starts talking, she doesn't stop.

he mouths something to me, but i couldn't quite read it. i cock my head to the side, signaling my confusion.

'this means war.' he mouths again.

i throw him a cunning smile. nodding my head in agreement.

***

didn't think i was capable of writing a long chapter *lip bites*

iloveyou
kisses and hugs <3