Because of you pt 2

Forgiveness - noun. The act of willing to forget a past mistake. 

Forgiveness was hard for everyone, much less earn it, especially if it was for a betrayal years ago. 

The Lady silently followed in the shadows. The hospital was never a safe place, with the Patients, spider hands, and the Doctor. She hated this place, it was so... anxiety inducing. It felt like if she turned a corner, she'd run into a living mannequin and fight for her life with the stupid thing. 

"Is he even here?" She whispered under her breath. It was quiet... not even a mouse was making noise. It was like the whole world went silent for a couple of heartbeats, when she heard it.

Screaming, a sluggish, hard to make out voice begging for what seemed like its life. She was too far away from the voice, but it sounded so familiar... 

"The Doctor?" She whispered under her breath. What could have- 

Mono.

The Lady hurried to the end of the corridor she had been wondering in, racing to try and find where the voice was coming from. Her mind raced with worry and fear. "What is he going to do after this?" She thought, slipping past a corner, the voice becoming clearer with each turn.

"No! Please, I have so many patients left!"  

It definitely was the doctor, she'd know the scream anywhere. Finally, she turned the final corner, eyes widening under her mask as she the scene before her.

She stayed in the shadows, watching as she saw the events unfold. The roaring of flames in the incinerator and the scent of burning flesh made her feel sick. She wanted to say something, but nothing came out. 

No, no it wasn't a good time...

"Ya know," the Thin Man started, making her jump slightly as for a moment, she thought she was caught, "I really hate doing these things... it never was in my nature, however I learned very quickly the world is a harsh place... a harsh environment for people who are WEAK, too SOFT, too... Kind... I am going to fucking annihilate ALL who are going to stand in my path..." 

The Lady couldn't speak, a sinking feeling in her chest. She felt her throat tighten as her fear heightened. The soft sound of light footsteps overhead caught her attention. She looked up, an idea of who was making the noise coming to her.

The Thin Man mumbled under his breath something the Lady couldn't make out. The soft thumping overhead continued, and for a moment, she thought he didn't hear it."YOU'RE ABOVE!" the Lady jumped back, barely seeing the other moved and slamming his fists into the concrete above him.

He pulled out a small boy in brown, the Lady letting out a soft gasp as her idea was correct. The smaller Mono let out a cry of panic, a smaller version of herself calling out to her partner. 

"RUN, SIX, HE'S GOING TO RIP OUT THE VENT!" the smaller Mono shouted. Just as he had said, the much taller version of himself started to rip of the metal air duct overhead. 

The Lady waved away the dust that started to fill the room as he tried to catch the small girl in the raincoat. They threw insults one after another as the small girl ran for her life.

After a moment of his ripping the vents down, Six escaped, a wave of relieve washing over her. At least her younger self was okay for right now. 

"FUCK!"

"HAH!"

The small boy looked up at him, and the Lady could almost picture the small smug look on his face. "That's what you get you dark blue pencil-... man!" He stated.The Thin Man looked down at him, mumbling a much worse insult to his smaller self the Lady didn't want to say. The small boy in brown gave a small shrug. "Meanie."

"Now here's your LAST chance," the Thin Man began. He threatened the small boy to help him where the other was or he would kill him.Seeing the small boy firmly defy the adult before him made the Lady smile under her mask. Even with his life on the line, he would never sell his partner out...The thought dug up an old memory, something she had buried for a while.

The gentle voice of someone caught her ear. It was soft, sweet, yet held a hint of urgency. Familiar in tone and speech... a simple, "Hey," He sounded nice, but not as nice her music box. She liked her music box, it was so comforting and nice sounding. The simple yet eerie tone it made calmed her nerves, to the point she felt so at ease. She was safe with it... 

"Can you hear me?"

She looked up, eyes scanning the other through her mess of black hair. Oh, Mono! Mono was here too! Where was his bag? Oh who cares, he was here now. Maybe she could show him her music box. 

 With a giant clawed hand, she brought the box over, setting it down. It was like a small, innocent child showing her friend her favorite toy, waiting for him to say something about the box.

He looked at it, before looking up at her, a look of hurt in his dark eyes. They were pretty, but the memory made them too blurry to remember the full details of them. He looked back at the box, before slowly walking behind her, coming back with a small hatchet. Odd, she never remembered having a hatchet in the room?

He looked up to her again. "Listen, before I do this... I hope you hear me, Six... you are the strongest girl I ever met. No matter what size," he muttered softly. His knuckles turned white as he tightened his grip on the handle.

"If-- no, when we get out of here, I don't care what we are. Friends, partners, or something else, I... I still want us to be together. So, please don't be upset with me..."

Six tilted her head at him. What did he mean? 

He looked up at her one last time, a sad smile in his face. 

"I love you, bestie."

Her mind broke freeze from the memory as she heard the sound of dress shoes clicking on the floor, looking up to see the Thin Man reaching for the small child in brown. 

 No! No, she won't let him hurt them! Not like she hurt him! 

She stepped out, raising a hand, sending the tall man flying back into the wall with ease. The man hit the wall, and for a moment, seemed stunned from what happened.She looked to the child, her voice strong and stern as she spoke to him, "Go child, save your friend, they are in the tower."

The small boy ran off in a hurried fashion, before turning her attention back to the man. 

 "Okay, cool one liner time, think think-" She thought... then she said to him

  "It's been a while, old friend."

Credits to...... Degal_Heartfang

Degal_Heartfang

END OF TRANSMISSION