Eighteen

Pharaoh Russo

     "Pharaoh you have a visitor" julie said as she opened the door wider and the person who walked in made the smile on my face widen as I stood up to greet an old friend.

   " Valentino what the hell are you doing here?" I asked as we shook hands hugging each other.

   " I need some advice" he said to me once we release each other I went to pour us some bourbon passing him the glass we sat down I noticed he looked stressed.

    " whats been going on my friend?" I asked concerned we have been friends since we were seventeen and I only ever seen him like this once.

    I watched him throw the drink back and slouch in the seat causing me to raise an eyebrow " im getting married" Giovanni said to me as I looked confused.

   " so your obviously having cold feet okay your getting married whats the issue?" I questioned.

   " Its an arranged marriage like who even still does that the Duke wants Me to marry a stranger that's the only way I can take my title I worked so hard for" Giovanni stressed grabbing my drink out my hand throwing it back also.

   " damn bro I mean I kind of understand why your stressing but you do know I never been married how am I going to give you advice?" I asked slightly confused.

   " it's not the marriage I need help with it's her skin tone" Giovanni mumbled but I caught it already tensing up I was a proud interracial male being born to a strong black woman and a crazy white Italian man he always was very sensitive when the subject was brought up.

   " so she's black that's the problem?" I asked trying not to allow my emotions to get the best of me.

    " no I mean no disrespect" Giovanni eyes widen realizing that I heard it " I have no problem with african American people not at all I just don't know how to deal with one I never dated one or even held a conversation with one I just don't know what to do" he said as he slouched further into the leather looking as if he waited the floor to swallow him up.

    " Oh" I said as it made sense causing me to bust out laughing " just be your self Giovanni you making it harder then what it needs to be" I told him as he glared at me causing me to laugh loudly.

   " myself I'm the biggest dick of em all one conversation with me she might smack the shit out of me this isn't going to work" he stressed

   " well unless you want your title Gio you really have no other choice just get to know her you never know you might just like her I've dated all kind of different race woman and I can honestly say the African American one keeps me on my toes listen the sex is outstanding I can't stay away thats why she's pregnant now" I answered truthfully shugging my shoulders.

   " oh yea I heard I heard congratulations I can't wait to officially met her maybe at the wedding if it is one" gio said grabbing the bottle of bourbon taking a swig.

   ~~~~

"  Only my son will be late to his own dinner party" Bria annouced once Pharaoh and Royal arrived an hour later both family were already seated at the long dinning table food was already served.

   Pharaoh ushered Royal to the one of the two remaining seats open he let out a grunt once she elbowed him in the stomach.

  " my apologies ma it was my fault had a meeting that ran a little behind schedule" Pharaoh explained rubbing on his stomach where she definitely let a bruise.

    " idiot" she hissed at him she was pissed off. if only he didnt wanna get hit again he would've laughed but the glare she threw his way he thought other wise.