Chapter 03

Lea

I was strolling on the lobby to head to a patient's room when I heard the interns talking. They're obstructing my way to a patient's room.

"Is there something going on between Dr. Muhlach and Dr. Salonga?" asked one from the interns.

"They're great together. Pero I heard Dr. Salonga continues dismissing Dr. Muhlach's invitation of dinner," added the other one.

"Go talk about craps away from my patient's room."

Them three leaped out of stun when they heard me and speedily left where they were standing.

I knocked at the door before entering.

When I entered, I saw Mylene. A finance manager who is admitted yesterday. She's accomplishing something on her laptop. Must be business related since it's what she always does since yesterday. Workaholic.

"One moment, Doctor," she pardoned.

"Sure."

Subsequent to typing a couple of words, she shut her laptop and zeroed in on me.

"So what's the information?" she inquired.

I was going to clarify Mylene's condition but my intern entered. It would appear that she ran.

I paged her 15 minutes before heading here pero ngayon lang dumating.

I flagged Isabella to begin presenting the patient which a teaching hospital does.

"Mylene Iscobera, 48 years of age, determined to have a brain aneurysm. One of the veins in her brain had debilitated, making the vessel expand out in one spot. Looking at the size and unpredictable state of the aneurysm, it may explode and murder her." Isabella presented which made me smile quickly knowing that she reviewed the patient's chart before entering the room. That is something beneficial for an intern like her.

"Your aneurysm is known as a berry aneurysm since it has a little neck holding it to the parent vessel. The aneurysm is round like a berry." I began to add more insights regarding the patient's condition.

"This sort has a meager dividers, and your flimsy dividers have more slender dividers which is known as the daughter sacks which I accept make it bound to explode." I added.

I showed her the scans of her aneurysms and clarified more about the aneurysm. I showed her a 3-D rotational image of the aneurysm from the CT angiogram.

She just gazed at me and her eyes looks like conversing with me. Requesting that I disclose to her that she'd be fine which I can't on the grounds that I can't guarantee her that.

"Can the surgery stand by?" she asked and now she continued scouring her hands which I think she does when she's anxious.

"We can. With your aneurysm of that size, we really can. However, the chances of you bleeding before getting into surgery is huge," addressed Isabella.

"The dangers implied are: blindness, coma, paralysis or—"

"Death," continued Mylene.

She delivered a profound moan after Isabella  informed her regarding the dangers and advantages of performing the medical procedure and furthermore of not performing the medical procedure. She got it so we arranged an OR immediately.