Chapter 12

Lea

Aga and I continued going out together. We have lunch together at the hospital cafeteria whenever we have time. We are presently at the second month of doing such.

Well, it's dating, I think.

The gossip, it's not a gossip since it's true, about Doc Aga and I is everywhere on the hospital. Nakakabigla nga na kahit sa building ng derma is umabot na ang balita e. I will not be stun pa if sa neuro, cardio, peds, or plastics e alam nila ang tungkol sa amin ni Doc Aga since we as a whole work together more often.

Nurses would once in a while attempt to ask me pero karamihan laging nag ba-back out kasi nga takot daw sa akin kaya they ask Doc Aga or Dr. Zulueta na lang. Which of course, Doc Aga would all the time, say that we are dating.

Even interns and residents, they attempt na isingit sa usapan namin para lang matanong nila but I would always ignore their questions. They are with me to learn, not to ask me about my personal life.

Also, even the attendings, they want me to tell them personally para alam nila if paniniwalaan ba nila which I told to them that the gossip is true. Ayoko naman to keep it. Tsaka dating pa lang naman e.

My phone blared and it showed that I am being asked by Doc Aga.

I went to search for him and finally found him sa fourth floor outside a patient's room.

"You paged."

"I need you to check on him." He pointed at the patient inside the recovery room.

"Sure."

I went into the room and began examing the patient. I kept an eye on the pupils, and the reflexes. Shockingly, I got no reponse.

I went out the room while taking a gander at Doc Aga who knows as of now what occurred.

"Is it terrible?" he asked.

He is concern. His eyes is conveying request that I reveal to him an uplifting news which I know without a doubt he realizes that it is the opposite.

"You need to prepare the family," I revealed to him which he knew since then but just wants to be sure so he asked me to check.

The intern close to him is all miserable and gloomy. He must have not understood that it will be the outcome to the patient. Indeed, we know nothing about what is to come.

"You can go for a break. I'll page you if I need you," Doc Aga told his intern.

The intern left the hallway and entered the elevator. He must be thinking of going to a place where he can let out his feelings. Well, interns are as yet fragile and sensitive. So we need to shape them and let them put in their mind that only one out of many patients gets the opportunity to survive low chance of survival kinds of surgery.

"He has a family. He is a dad to two, a spouse to a woman, and a child to his parents." Doc Aga began talking.

We both gradually stroll on the corridor as I let him talk about his patient.

"Before I took him to the OR, the spouse requested that I do my best which I trust I did. Likewise, his youngsters requested that I save their dad which I failed to do. I put forth a valiant effort, however, doing the best doesn't generally make things right."

He let out a profound murmur before we entered the lift.

"Most of the time, I can't stop feeling so much about a patient. I can't separate my own sentiments."