Chapter 08

Lea

"

Good day, Doc Lea," welcomed Dr. Zulueta.

"Morning too, Doc."

Its been a month since she's here and I heard that doctors and nurses in the department she is in loves her.

"Are you going to the gathering this evening at the lobby Doc Lea?"

"I am, Dr. Zulueta."

"Who is your date then?"

"I need no date, Doctor."

When the elevator door opened, I went out and headed to the cafeteria. I need to have lunch today since I didn't eat kaninang umaga due to an emergency surgery I had to do.

I requested anything I could see that goes with my taste and plunked down on one of the seats and delved in my food.

"Dr. Salonga." I was busy eating when someone called me but I disregarded. I would prefer not to be disturbed while I am eating.

"Dr. Salonga," ulit na tawag.

"What?!" I looked at the person who is calling me which made her frightened, I think.

"Can I share table with you?" she asked while stammering.

I looked around and saw some vacant seats but I didn't bother to tell her to go to other seats and just let her.

"Sure," I answered and kept eating.

I was about to finish my food but I can't ignore this person who I share table with. Since the time she shared table with me, she kept on gazing at me. I just overlooked her pero kasi it's making me uncomfortable.

"Do you have something to say?" I asked which made her turn away and shook her head.

"Assuming there's none, eat your food and stop staring at me."

I stood up and left the cafeteria and went to the surgical imaging where I review and look at various outcomes of the skull and brain.

I went through the entire afternoon in there trying to find various methods of how to help the people who owns the scans, who has issues about their nervous system.

"Doc Lea, Elena Jose in room 404 will get discharged. You might wanna meet her first before she leave."

I stood up and left the surgical imaging and both Luel and I went to go to Elena's room.

"Dr. Salonga!" Elena embraced me firmly and also her mom.

"I'm preparing to leave the hospital because of you." She grinned at me pleasantly.

Elena had a brain tumor on her right frontal lobe, though it is malignant, when a neurologist found out about it, Elena's mom requested that I remove it and it was what we did fourteen days ago.

"I can't wait for my hair to grow."

Everything I can show is a smile. These things are a doctor's satisfaction. At the point when the patient has survived the surgery and when they are surviving the recovery, it is something that inspires a doctor to do more of what they do.

"Doc Lea, thank you very much! We are so much grateful of how you open the chances of my little girl's future." Another embrace was tossed to me by her mom who is endlessly expressing gratitude towards me.

They are good to go and prepared to leave. They have the smiles they lost when they found out about the tumor weeks ago.

"Be careful, Elena."