Prologue

Prologue

"DEMON"

Origins: Born in the US, parents were scientists and they were taken by Hydra when she was 10 and they took her away from them. She grew up with Hydra conducting experiments on her, she was brainwashed and turned into their supernatural killer. "Demon" was coined her name in the field.

Avenger's Fact Sheet on "Demon":

Name: KIERA BLAKE - KNOW AS "DEMON" | AGE: 18 | SSN: UNKNOWN

Height: APPROXIMATELY 5'5 | Weight: APPROXIMATELY 150 | Eye: BLACK | Hair: BLACK | Sex: FEMALE

Scars/Other ID Info: WALKING SHADOW

Additional Info/Weapons/Clothing/ETC: SEEN WEARING ALL BLACK, DOES NOT APPEAR TO WEAR A MASK, DOES NOT CARRY ANY KNOWN WEAPONS.

Status: WANTED

Risk Level: EXTREME

FBI FILES LINK "DEMON" TO SEVERAL ASSASSINATIONS OF VARIOUS OFFSHORE DICTATORS AND BUSINESS PEOPLE. LESS IS KNOWN ABOUT THEIR DOMESTIC ACTIVITIES. ABILITIES INCLUDE LIGHT MANIPULATION AND GENERATION, DARKNESS MANIPULATION, MIMICRY AND GENERATION, TELEPATHY, TELEPORTATION, MIND CONTROL, TELEKINESIS, LEVITATION.

HAS BEEN LINKED WITH HYDRA AGENTS AND APPEARS IN KNOWN HYDRA AREAS. SUSPECTED THAT THEY ARE WORKING OR BEING USED BY HYDRA.

WARNING: SUSPECT SHOULD BE ASSUMED TO BE ARMED AND DANGEROUS.

*** PRIORITY ADDITION: IN CASE OF CAPTURE, INFORM DIRECTOR FURY IMMEDIATELY (DETAILS ATTACHED)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"We have to go after it." Steve states, looking out the window of the newly constructed Avengers facility.

"Yeah, and how do you propose we do that exactly?" Tony scuffed, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm not exactly sure, but Fury wouldn't leave that file for us to find when he went rogue unless we were supposed to go after it." Steve stated, still not moving from looking out the window.

"I agree with you Rogers, I do. But are we reading the same fact sheet here?" Tony stands and grabs the sheet. "Darkness manipulation, mimicry, and generation. What does that even mean? We don't even know what she looks like! How are we supposed to fight something we can't see or know where to look."

"We know Hydra's secondary base coordinates. Fury left us those too. I suspect that's where Fury thinks it's being held." Natasha chimed in. "I figure we fly out there, bust down some doors, and take care of it."

"Fury added into the file that it may be being used by Hydra. It could be another mind control soldier." Steve stated finely. "It could be like Bucky. So we will go knock down some doors, but we aren't killing it until we know for sure."

Tony sighs and sits back in his chair, defeated as he knows he won't win this argument. He would never admit to it, but the thought of someone with that power under Hydra's control terrified him.

"Who wants to break the news to Pepper for me?" Tony pinches the bridge of his nose. He knew he'd never be able to stay out of the game long, and Pepper had to have known it too, but that didn't mean he wanted to have that conversation. It's been one he had been dreading having since she started asking questions as to why he took over building all of these Avengers compounds.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kiera awoke in the machine as she always did. Trapped and forced still as they spoke the same words they always would. Kiera felt as if she was falling back and she knew she wasn't in control anymore. It felt like she was trapped in the chair in her head, watching what her body was doing. The horrible, unspeakable horrors she would commit and she couldn't stop herself. Then she would be back, broken and beaten and then everything would go black again; until it wasn't and she was back in the chair. It was an endless groundhogs day for her. She didn't know how long it was between each forced sleep and each forced awake.

One day was different. She awakened before she was put in the chair, everyone around her sounded rushed and panicked. She seized her opportunity. She pushed out the light around her, creating a room of pure blackness. Her vision kicked in and she quickly yanked her armed free, punching the two men holding her. She saw as they tried grabbing for her but there was no use. They were blind to the blackness that surrounded them, they were grasping at air. She quickly went into their heads, and created nightmares for them to fall into.

As they screamed and started killing each other, Kiera quickly made a break for the door and pushed it open with her mind before getting to it, keeping the darkness surrounding her. She ran through halls she never remembered seeing before, quickly getting lost. As she ran into one room she turned and saw a red machine. He was fighting some men that looked like the ones that would control her. She pushed them all back against the wall hard enough to make them fall limp to the ground when she let them drop with her mind.

She lifted the red machine and frowned, keeping the darkness circling around her.

"Woah hey there. Do you mind putting me back down?" She didn't do anything but pushed herself into his head and began looking around. Quickly seeing memories. First she sees a beautiful woman crying. *Why are you making her cry red machine?* she thinks while in his head still.

"Because she doesn't want me doing this really anymore." She hears the machine speak. "Do you mind putting me down, so I don't make her cry more?" Kiera can sense the fear in his body. She puts him down, as she looks around more in his mind. She sees that he is nothing like the minds of the men around her in this jail.

She releases the darkness from around her and steps out of it, keeping it up behind her. Tony looks at her and see her eyes are pitch black and is taken aback.

"I guess I know why they call you Demon." He retorts. She frowns at him and cocks her head. They called her a demon? "Not that you are, just the eyes." Kiera pushes into his head to see what he's talking about and she see's herself and see's her eyes. "You've gotta stop just hopping into peoples heads. It's kinda like walking in on someone in the shower." The machine states. Kiera quickly leaves and looks away from him, allowing the darkness to fade. As she does so, the machine opens up and a man steps out. "Since we are showing ourselves, I might as well."

Kiera takes a step away from him, ready to push him back if needed.

"I won't hurt you." He states plainly. "I'm Tony." He goes and leans against the wall across from her.

"Kiera." She mumbles.

"Nice to meet you." Tony smiles at her softly. "Do you want to leave here?" Kiera's eyes widen. "I mean I can understand why. They put you on ice and wake you up just spit out a few handful of words and then make you do things you'd never want to do." Kiera eyes water as she starts to remember some of the things that she has done. They start flashing before her eyes, and she can't make it stop. She starts to fall but Tony runs over and catches her.

"Hey kid, it's okay. I got you." He helps her up and as he does another guy runs in and Kiera panics and pushes him back against the wall hard without realizing. "Rogers!" He yells and Kiera looks over at the man she mentally pushed. He sits up and she frowns. He shouldn't be able to move, she thinks to herself.

"All good Tony." He coughs, and is breathing hard. "Winds just knocked outa me. You got a hell of a punch kid." He smiles over at her. "We gotta get out of here, they rigged the building to explode." He picks up the shield he dropped as he fell. Kiera looks over at Tony as she stands back up on her own. Tony looks at her.

"Do you want to come with us? We will take care of you, and I'll make sure no one can control you again." He states, and she looks at him, wanting to believe him. "Get in his head," Tony mumbles to Kiera, nodding over to the man she threw against the wall. "Steve will show you we are sincere." Kiera looks over at him and pushes into his head.

She sees a man wearing a mask. Bucky. The Winter Soldier. She sees Steve fighting him, holding back on punches, and wanting to save him and not hurt him. Kiera pulled back out and opened her eyes wide.

"You're the one who freed the Winter Soldier." She states in shock. She had heard of this from the soldiers as she was in the chair. She knew how mad that had made the doctor. Steve nods and looks at Tony and back at Kiera, slightly confused as to how she knew that.

"I will go with you." She states.