Chapter Two

Kiera heard a light knock at her door. "Just a minute!" Kiera states as she finishes zipping up her dress for Thor's farewell party. She strides over to the door, adjusting her dress and pulling at it in certain places as she opens it, where she sees Natasha at the door already shaking her head.

"Stop fidgeting, you look great. Now let's go before we are more late." Nat pulls her out of the room and they make their way to the elevator to go up to where they are throwing the party. Once they arrive, Natasha heads to the bar and Kiera heads over to the pool table.

"Hey kid!" Steve calls her over and heads over to him. He's holding a pool stick and giving some guy a hard time about lining up his shot. "Kiera, meet Sam. He helped me last year with Bucky." Sam turns and smiles and holds out a hand.

"So you're the bird man Steve told me about." Kiera retorts, shaking his hand, making Sam turn and glare at Steve.

"Birdman? Really Rogers? That's how you want to play it?" Steve laughs and heads over to make his shot, which he gets instantly.

"I mean you're just as bad at pool as you are at running." Steve jokes and Sam laughs at his retorts.

"Well it's nice to meet you Sam." Kiera states as she makes her way to the other side of the room over to where Tony is talking with Thor, Rhodey and Maria.

"I'm like 'boom. You looking for this?'" Rhodey finishes his story and smirks, and Kiera smiles noticing how unimpressed Tony and Thor are with his story.

"Boom. Are you looking for..' Man why do I even talk to you guys?" Rhodey sighs and looks between the two men. "Everywhere else I tell that story it kills." Kiera chuckles as she keeps walking over to look out the window.

A girl comes up to her and leans against the railing next to her.

"A big party like this, and one of the most powerful Avengers is off on the edge looking out the window." The girl states and Kiera turns and looks at her. "Is this a it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to kind of thing?" The girl jokes and Kiera smiles softly at her. "Hi, I'm Chloe, Chloe Jones." She holds out her hand. Kiera accepts and shakes her hand.

"I guess I don't need to introduce myself then, since you know me already." Kiera smirks and Chloe shrugs.

"How can I not, you were all the talk of us S.H.I.E.L.D. agents when you joined the Avengers." Kiera's eyes widened and Chloe turned and looked out the window with her.

"So you're an agent... why haven't I seen you around before?" Kiera questions, looking over at the girl. She was strikingly beautiful. She had long wavy blond hair, blue eyes, and little freckles that were still showing through the girls make-up.

"I've been.. off site for a while." Chloe stated, still looking down at the city.

"That's not cryptic at all." Kiera mumbles, smirking at the girl.

"I was a new recruit myself when S.H.I.E.L.D. blew up last year. Since I hadn't made a name for myself, I had to prove myself. So me and a lot of others had to go back through basic training and work our way back up." Chloe looks over at Kiera and smiles back at her. "I guess our reward is getting an invite to the party to see the God of Thunder off home."

"Well it's a very coveted invite." Kiera states and turns back to the party. "Congratulations on proving yourself not to be Hydra. I'm sure that was no easy feat to do." Chloe smiles and shakes her head.

"No it wasn't." She agrees and looks over at Kiera. "So what has you over here sulking in the corner." Kiera closes her eyes and still sees the red glowing eyes from the memories that resurfaced.