Chapter Three

It has been a few months since the events in Sokovia. Kiera and the rest of the team settle into the new Avengers facility upstate. Wanda went to stay with Clint for a while, he said that he'd let them know when she was ready to join them. As much as Kiera hated Wanda, she felt for her. It's not easy losing some you love, much less your twin who had been with you your whole life.

Kiera can't shake the feeling that she should go check on the girl, but it frustrated her. She hated Wanda, why does she want to go check on her. Kiera couldn't make sense of it, so she started to focus on her training more, pushing herself and her abilities to new levels she'd never pushed to before. It almost helped her forget that she could still feel Wanda. She isn't sure how, but she could still feel her grief, she could still feel her presence inside her.

One day, while Kiera was training, she was seeing how long she could stay lifting herself in the air, flying around. She had been in the air for almost thirty minutes when Steve came in. "You know, you just hit a new record with that yesterday... and two days before that. You don't have to push yourself this hard, Kiera." Steve calls up to her. Kiera sighs and lands on the ground next to him. "What's on your mind, kid?" Steve asks as he leans against the wall. Kiera shakes her head and goes to the punching bag and gets a few swings in. "Kiera." Steve follows the girl over and holds the punching bag.

"Wanda." Kiera says as she punches the bag harder, knocking Steve off balance. Kiera turns around and looks up, trying to gain her composure. She hated how much the red eyed witch was affecting her, but she just couldn't stop thinking about her. "We have." Kiera starts and shakes her head. "Some sort of connection. I think it was from the experiments with Hydra." Kiera turns and looks back at Steve.

"Back in Seoul, when I went for the twins, I knew where they'd be cause I was in her head." Kiera closes her eyes, seeing the inside of Clint's house. "Every time I close my eyes I see where she is. I don't know how to turn it off. I feel this pressure on my chest." Kiera shakes her head. "I know it's her grief."

"Is that such a bad thing?" Steve asks, approaching Kiera slowly. "You could help each other?"

"I don't want to help her!" Kiera yells, looking at Steve and he stops in his tracks. "She was awful, Steve. I can't see past that." Steve sighs and goes to stand in front of her and puts his hands on her shoulders.

"You and I both know, a lot of what people did in that facility wasn't of their own volition." Kiera closes her eyes, and see's Clint's yard. She pushes the visions from her mind as hard as she can. "All I'm saying here is, why don't you give her a chance? You're clearly not processing this alone. If you guys are as connected as you say, then she's probably feeling it on her end too." Kiera looks at Steve and nods. "Just give it a shot, then you can at least say you tried. Which is more than a lot of people would do." Kiera sighs and nods, knowing that Steve's right.

"Go pack a bag, we will get the jet fired up for you and you can head to Clint's for a while." Steve states and he starts to head out of the training area.

"Don't you guys need me for any missions?" Kiera calls after him and he turns around with a smirk.

"You're not as essential as you like to think you are." Steve winks at her and turns back around to get the jet fired up. Kiera sighs and turns and kicks the punching back one more time with all her energy behind it, sending the bag soaring across the training room. It lands at a familiar blondes' feet.

"I hope you're not trying to kill me." Chloe smirks and walks over to Kiera. "Did the punching bag do something to you, cause that seemed pretty personal." Kiera rolls her eyes and smiles softly but shakes her head. "Or is this you still working your stuff that had you sulking at the party?" Kiera looks at Chloe and shakes her head.