Chapter One

A year later

"We are under attack." Kiera could hear the faint alarms in the distance as she followed behind Natasha and Clint into the Hydra base. Clint is focused on shooting at Hydra machines and agents while Natasha focuses on driving the jeep.

Kiera comes up behind and slices one of the machines that was about to shoot Clint in half. "Thanks kid!" He yells as he shoots another arrow, blowing up a Hydra jeep.

The other jeep behind them starts to catch up, and as it's about to shoot at Clint and Kiera, Thor flies in and destroys the gun and flips the jeep before flying off and landing on the tower up ahead. Kiera uses the shadows she's created to teleport through them to join Thor on the tower.

When she pops through Thor is about to hit her with his hammer but stops dead. "You need to not pitch jump when I'm in the middle of a fight." He states roughly.

"You need to start going to training more so you'll know when I'm coming in from a pitch jump so you don't feel so threatened." Kiera retorts back before pitch jumping back to the jeep to take out another robot coming for Natasha and Clint.

Rogers takes the lead in his motorcycle, throwing and catching his shield as they ride closer to the Hydra base with Tony and Thor continuing in the air.

They get to another open field in the woods as Rogers throws his shield, Thor comes in and takes out a Hydra jeep, Tony is blasting other Hydra robots in the sky, and Hulk jumps out and throws a Hydra agent into the woods. Kiera jumps with Clint and Natasha out of the Jeep and uses her mind to throw back even more Hydra agents as they all jump over the blockage that Hydra put up.

Tony takes the lead and flies up to the top of the mountain where the main base is, Kiera can hear the explosions and hopes he doesn't do anything stupid.

"Shit!" Tony spits and Kiera is about to push into his mind to check on him when she hears Rogers reply.

"Language!" Rogers yells. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." Jarvis states over everyone's coms.

"Strucker used that septor on some of the Winter Soldiers, like me. If this base is the most well guarded, there's a reason." Kiera stated.

"Loki's scepter must be here, then. Strucker wouldn't be able to mount this kind of defense without it." Thor states as he fights off a group of Hydra. "At long last." Thor smiles and keeps heading to the Hydra base.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys." Natasha states rolling off of a Hydra agent she took down.

"Yeah, I think we may have lost the element of surprise." Clint retorts as he shoots a blast arrow towards a bunker.

"Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" Tony's retort comes in on coms and Kiera can't help but chuckle at his antics.

"I know." Rogers mutters, as he drives his motorcycle towards an oncoming Hydra jeep. He flips off and tosses the motorcycle at the jeep and takes a few breaths. "It just slipped out." Kiera laughs as she pushes back more Hydra agents with her mental push, opening up pitch spots for her to jump through.

"Sir, the city is taking fire." Jarvis states to Tony, but everyone on coms can hear.

"Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion." Tony mutters and Kiera looks up, seeing the Iron Man look-a-likes into the city to protect the civilians.