Chapter Four

*Kiera looks around, but couldn't get her body to move. She was on a table, her hands and head bound, and she could barely see much as surgical lights were blasting above her. She saw something blue out of the corner of her eye, and she could feel herself start to panic and her body shaking with fear.*

*"Please, stop. I can't take it anymore." She heard herself say, but it wasn't her own voice. "Please!" She hears herself scream as she could now make out the scepter and Strucker approaching her. He puts it to her head and she screams out in pain.*

*"We have more evaluations for you to conduct on other patients, so we need you as amplified as you can go." Strucker states, as the scepter magic starts to pour into the body. Kiera begins to fade out and realizes that the scepter is controlling whosever body you're in. Strucker releases the restraints and the body lifts up and gets up. As it goes Kiera sees a mirror and looks to see who it is.*

///

Kiera jolts awake and is breathing heavily. She quickly gets up and gets out of the top bunk, not wanting to wake up a quietly snoring Lila underneath. Kiera goes and walks outside and knees on the grass as she is gasping to catch her breath. As she does she feels someone come up behind her, she doesn't turn to see who it is, she sensed her the moment she had woken up.

Wanda comes and kneels in front of her, and puts her hands on Kiera's shoulders, she looks up and makes eye contact with the girl kneeling in front of her. "Breathe." Wanda states calmly and Kiera shakes her head, looking back down, as she tries hard to take a full breath but still are unable to. "Follow me." Wanda says, cupping Kiera's cheeks to lift her gaze back to hers. Wanda takes a breath in through her nose and holds it and lets it out. She keeps doing it and Kiera mimics her and she can start to feel her breathing to level out.

It's been a while, and Kiera's breathing has stabilized but she stays there staring at Wanda, as she is still cupping her face in her hands. Suddenly Kiera snaps out of it and pulls back and Wanda's hands retreats quickly to her lap as she sits in front of the other girl. "Thank you." Kiera mumbles turning and sitting cross legged beside her on the grass.

They sit there for a while longer, not saying anything and just watching the sun start to come up over the trees. "The evaluations." Kiera states, her voice breaking. She can feel Wanda tense next to her. "They were Strucker... using the scepter on you." Kiera finishes and looks over at the other girl. Wanda is looking down and fidgeting with her hands, and nods. Kiera lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding and reaches out and grabs Wanda's hand. Wanda looks up, eyes wide in shock at the gesture. "I know what it's like to do things you're not in control of doing. Things you'd never do otherwise." Kiera squeezes Wanda's hand. "I know the guilt carries with you anyways." She states, noticing a tear fall from Wanda's eyes as she turns away and gets up.

"I'm sorry." Wanda states and turns to head back into the house, Kiera gets up and grabs Wanda's arm forcing her to turn and face the other. Wanda keeps her eyes down on the ground, and Kiera reaches and cups her face, pulling up her gaze to meet hers.

"I'm sorry. I have been horrible to you. I made a snap judgement on you and I didn't even try to see if it was correct." Kiera states softly, and wipes one of the tears falling down from Wanda's cheek. They stand there for a moment longer, staring at each other with Kiera still cupping her face. "I don't know how to make sense of this... connection we have; but I'm tired of fighting it." Kiera removes her hand from Wanda's face, and her hand burns with the loss of the touch. "But I'd like us to try and be... friends?" Kiera states and Wanda smiles weakly.

"Friends." Wanda states, and Kiera can't make out the emotions in her tone. Wanda sighs and looks back up at Kiera and nods. "Yeah, I would like that." Kiera smiles back. Just then she sees Clint coming out the front door when he stops dead in his tracks when he sees the two of them standing.