Chapter Five

Kiera wakes up early, and looks at her watch noticing she and Nat needed to leave soon. She gets up quietly, grabbing her bag and heading out of the room to not disturb Lila from sleeping. She heads to the bathroom, showers quickly and changes into new set of clothes. When she's done she heads downstairs to see Clint and Natasha talking with Wanda.

"Morning." Kiera states, approaching the three of them timidly, confused as to why Wanda would be up this early. Wanda looks over at her, and notices her confused.

"I'm going with you guys." Wanda states and Kiera's eyes grow wide with surprise.

"Not on the mission." Natasha clarifies and Wanda rolls her eyes and looks down. "You'll need to train with us and then we will start including you in the roll call." Nat stated firmly and Wanda nodded. Kiera frowned, wondering why Wanda seemed to want to come all of a sudden and specifically this mission. "Alright, well, wheels up in ten, I'm going to finish prepping the jet." Natasha stated and Kiera nodded and approaches Wanda and Clint.

"Are you sure about this, kid?" Clint asks Wanda and Wanda smiles softly at him.

"I'm sure. Thank you for everything you've done." Wanda spoke with such sincerity that Kiera feels that she is interrupting a moment for the two of them. So she turns and goes to head outside and approaches the jet, seeing Natasha doing fuel checks.

"I guess you two did end up bonding well enough." Natasha called over to her as she focuses on the reading on the screens. Kiera frowns and puts her bag down, heading over to her.

"What do you mean?" Kiera asks and Natasha looks over at her with a smile.

"She was pushing pretty hard to join us on this mission today." Kiera frowned and looked out the hatch back to the house, where she sees Clint and Wanda exiting the front door. "She wasn't liking it when I was telling her no." Kiera looks back at Natasha as she smirks at her.

"Oh shut it. Maybe she's just ready to get back into it." Kiera stated. "You know, become one of Earth's mightiest heroes and all." Kiera stated sarcastically and Natasha chuckled. Kiera heads out of the jet and meets outside as Wanda and Clint walk up. Wanda heads onto the jet with her bag and puts it away as Kiera approaches Clint and gives him a farewell hug.

"Stay sharp out there, kid." Clint states, squeezing her hard. "I still need you to come out and help babysit from time to time." Kiera chuckles and pulls back.

"Tell the kiddos I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye." Clint nods and pats her shoulder as she turns back to head back onto the jet.

"Enjoy retirement Barton," Natasha calls out to Clint as she shuts the door hatch. "Keep working on that golf swing." She jests, and Kiera can hear Clint laughing as the door finishes closing. Kiera goes and sits next to Wanda.

"You sure you're ready to start training?" Kiera asks, looking at her carefully trying to read her without going into her head. Wanda looks and meets her gaze and nods softly.

"I can't stay in Clint's basement forever." Wanda chides, bumping Kiera's shoulder with her own. Kiera smiles back and nods.

"Okay. Well I'll be there if you need anything." Kiera states and Wanda smiles before looking down and nodding. They sit together for the rest of the quick flight back to the Avengers facility.

Once they land, Natasha goes to show Wanda the facility while Kiera heads to suit up. She put on her tactical gear and straps in her knives and two guns. Even though she never ends up using them because of her powers, she always likes the traditional Agent attire while on missions, it made her feel like she wasn't a focal point like Steve and his star-spangled get-up. Kiera finishes getting ready and heads out of her room and runs into Chloe.