Types of Witches

1. Traditional witch is a type of witch with a foundation in witchcraft & ancient crafts before the birth of witchcraft. They practiced using historical (traditional) methods and often studied their ancestors or other folklore related to witchcraft.

2. Gardnerian Witch is a custom of Wicca, which began in the 1950s because Gerald Gardner (often considered "the father of Wicca") spread around the world. To become a Gardner witch, you must be activated, and members cannot activate themselves. 

3. Alexandrian Wicca (Alexandrian Wicca) was founded by Alex and Maxine Sanders in the 1960s is a British derivative of Wicca and witchcraft. The Alexandrian witch has many similarities with her sister Gardnerian witch but also draws on elements of ceremonial magic and Qabalah. Alexandrian witch is more "eclectic" than Gardnerian witch and has less structure.

4. Sea Witch: Witches on the sea have a close relationship with water and the ocean and often use this element in practice. Ocean magicians will often use sand, shells, driftwood, or other elements from this location. The witch at sea feels connected to water and ancient folk customs involving sirens and so on.

5. Kitchen Witch: Also known sometimes as a hearth witch or a home witch, kitchen witches create most of their magick in the home or the kitchen. They are very home-based, often incredibly nurturing, and love to make their home a truly special and sacred space. Kitchen witches love to cook and brew and use herbs, sometimes gathered from their garden. Kitchen witches may have stoves or countertop altars, pots and jars may contain fresh herbs, and magical practices have been added to recipes and cooking.

6. Hedge witches practice what is known as "hedge jump". This adventure is fleeing this world and entering a different world. The safe-haven witch can communicate with the spiritual world and can pass information between the two worlds. These types of witches practice astral projection and work with herbs and earth-based magic.

7. Dianic: These types of witches are the most feminist in all witchcraft. The followers that Diana worships are all women, so men are not allowed. The witch worships the goddess through her three aspects (maid, mother, and crone).

8. Elemental: The basic witch learns and exercises based on four elements: earth, air, wind, and fire. Element Magic is based on and respects the work of each element.

9. Hereditary witches are witches born in witchcraft. It is part of their family and / or lineage. Their magic and practice have been handed down from previous generations, although they may also work with their practice or instead of family.

10. Eclectic witch are solitary witches and does not have a fixed religion, customs, traditions, or culture. There are many sources of their customs. Eclectic witches will eventually develop their own "rules" through practice based on individual witches.

11. Cosmic witches are contemporary witches who pursue the universe, astrology, and astronomy and apply these elements and celestial energies to their practice.

12. Secular witches still cast spells, using crystals, herbs, oils, and candles, but they did not incorporate spirituality into their practice. They do not worship gods or, and their practices are completely non-religious; they do not believe in the power behind energy, nor do they believe in energy in their work. This is not to say that secular witches cannot be spiritual, only which their work is not. The two are completely separate.

13. Voodoo is a religion that comes from the African continent & is extremely lethal.  Voodoo was created to help and heal people distantly. It is a supernatural ancestral and spirit connection. In voodoo people often believe that a spirit is in their body and controlling the body. Having a spirit come into is wanted, and important. Although it is not recommended for beginners. 

14. Hoodoo is a traditional rootwork and conjuring practice