Does witchcraft work?

Yes and no. Like everything else, witchcraft depends on your intentions and perception. If your perception of witchcraft is a force that can be manipulated and used to twist the laws of reality and produce results that are impossible through worldly means, then no. Witchcraft cannot be fully understood, but it follows natural laws. The popular consensus is that no, you won't be able to cast a spell to magically teleport from one end of the country to the other. Even the most powerful witch has to book a flight like everyone else. Similarly, you won't be able to cast a spell on yourself that will instantly make you ten pounds lighter. Spellcraft obeys the same laws of physics as the rest of the universe, it just takes a different route to get there. 

However, if you perceive witchcraft as a powerful and mysterious natural force that obeys certain fundamental laws and principles, then yes, witchcraft is absolutely real and spells work. You get out of the spell what you put into it. If you are sure of your intentions and have chosen correspondences and/or magic words that you believe have the power to achieve the result you seek, your spell will work. If you are distracted or doubtful, your spell is likely to fail.

Witchcraft is not like the Hollywood witchy movies *cough cough* like Harry Potter...no hate tho