2. Johnny's Brawl At The Beach

//

//

AS THE SUN BEGAN TO SET, BETHANY GOT CHANGED BACK INTO HER SHORTS AND CROP TOP. She didn't want to go home any time soon so she laid back on the towel with her head in Alli's lap, listening to the soft music that came from her radio.

She'd let her mind wander, occasionally glancing at the cute boy from earlier and Freddy noticed this.

He nudged Daniel. "Hey, Daniel, I think the chick from earlier is looking at you."

Daniel's eyes flickered to Bethany for a moment. "Yeah, right."

"I'm serious, man. I think she has the hots for you."

He didn't take his eyes away from her as if on cue, Bethany met his gaze with a small smile, now sitting up. "Who could blame her, right Freddy?" he sassed.

"Oh, yeah. Why don't you make a move?" Freddy asked.

"No, I'm eating, man."

"How can you think about eating? Go make a move."

"I'm hungry."

"Maybe they ain't got no moves where he comes from," one of Freddy's friends taunted.

"No, I got moves where I come from," Daniel replied with a laugh. "We've got more moves back there than here, I'll tell you that much."

"Oh, yeah?" Freddy asked. "Let's see 'em." He picked up the soccer ball, lightly kicking it towards the girl's way.

Susan grabbed it, already figuring out their motive, tossing it to Bethany who caught it. "Go, Juliet."

Bethany rolled her eyes with a small smile, already standing up as most of Freddy and his friends kept telling Daniel to go on and talk to her to which he caved, "All right, I'm going."

He walked over to Bethany who was already approaching him. "Hey, did you lose something?" she asked with a small smile, she saw Freddy kick it over purposely unlike last time.

"Yeah, I hope we're not bothering you," Daniel answered.

"No, it's okay, just bored," she answered. "But if you wanna talk to a girl, you gotta come up with a better method than kicking a ball at them."

He gave a small bashful smile. "Sorry, that wasn't me. It was-"

"Freddy, I know," she said with a laugh. "Just teasing."

He softly laughed. "Oh. But you are right about finding a better method."

She laughed. "Glad I could give some good advice, new kid," she replied. "I saw how you were juggling that ball earlier, you were pretty good at it. How did you do it?"

"Oh, it's pretty easy," he replied, taking the ball back from her and showing how he bounced it from his knee with one leg before the other.

"I thought you said it was easy," Bethany replied with a smile.