3. First Day of Senior Year

//

//

IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SENIOR YEAR IN LOS ANGELES AFTER THE NIGHT OF CHAOS AT THE BEACH. Bethany didn't even wait for Johnny to go to school with him, she was gone an hour earlier than he was. She was still pissed at him for beating up on the guy who tried to help out.

She took the guy home the night before who seemed slightly embarrassed about where he lived but Bethany didn't care. She just didn't want him walking home injured.

The first day went by quickly though. She shared a few classes with Ali and Susan and a few with Johnny who tried to get her attention a few times by throwing paper balls at her but she just ignored him.

Despite how pissed she might've seen, she and Johnny were usually really close. He was a protective brother to her-told any guy off who looked in Bethany's direction, protected her from their jerk of a step-dad, and when they were younger and he first joined Cobra Kai, there were no girls allowed in the dojo so Bethany couldn't join but after each lesson, Johnny taught her everything he learned that day and she became about as good of a fighter as him throughout the years.

She was glad that she couldn't join Cobra Kai anyway especially since Johnny's sensei was a grade-A, royal asshole and she was glad she didn't have to deal with him.

All-day she looked for the boy from yesterday. She still didn't know his name sadly and so far she had no classes with him.

She finally saw him when she had cheer try-outs that happen to be going on at the same time as soccer try-outs.

She smiled almost instantly when she saw him as the girls went on a water break.

She glanced at Ali. "Hey, I'll be right back."

Ali's gaze followed Bethany's line of sight and laughed. "Go on and tell him I said thank you for trying to help."

Bethany nodded, running over to the bag of equipment near the bleachers and pulling out a soccer ball before jogging over to the boy as Freddy and his friends ran off away from him.

"Hey, think fast, new kid," Bethany called to the boy, lightly tossing him the soccer ball to which he caught it in time.

"Hi," Daniel greeted her.

She grinned. "Hey." As she got closer to him, her smile slightly fell as she saw his black eye. "Oh, man."

His hand instinctively reached up to touch his eye. "Oh, don't worry. It looks worse than it feels, believe me."

She nodded. "I hope so. Uh, listen, my friend, Ali appreciated you trying to help and so do I."

"That was nothing. I'm just sorry about her radio," he replied.

She shrugged. "It's whatever. I'll buy her a new one with my allowance money."

"I also didn't get the chance to thank you for driving me home last night," he told her.