Chapter 3: (part 1)

Well, Ward spilled the beans (the beans being Fitz's love for Simmons) to Simmons, and now we're dealing with the cringy afterm- *coughs* I mean the aftermath.

I glare at Ward. What right does he have to tell her. He sighs and walks over to me. "You weren't going to tell her!"

"It wasn't your place to tell her." I argue.

He sighs, and leads me further away. "Look, I deserve this. You and the others don't. This is not just one step closer to getting the girl of your dreams, it's a step closer to getting out of here before ..."

He doesn't mention before what, but I know it means before the Dark Angel comes and makes us nothing but beasts. "Alright. Fine. I can handle it. It wouldn't have mattered if I became a beast anyway, Ward."

Ward doesn't say anything for a while, then finally, "It would matter to me. I couldn't stand it if I caused you to lose your mind and soul." He pauses, remembering the drop into the ocean, "Any more than I already did."

I scowl at him. "Fine. I guess it's ok."

Ward smiles faintly, "Be careful. Love her."

I blink. "I didn't know you were a romantic."

He just leaves. I'm not surprised.

"Simmons?" I ask, tenderly.

She looks at me and away. "I ... I need time to think about it. Please ... just act you. And let me think in peace."

I nod, "Ok. Let's go."

She nods, gratefully, and things get awkward pretty quickly. I ignore it and lead her to the meeting. Ward is there, in the corner. Jemma steps closer to me and looks at all the people here.

Monsters. Like me.

Coulson sighs and asks everybody. "Do you think she could be the One?"

I shake my head. I loved Jemma, but I didn't want to rope her into this world. If everybody thought she could be mine, they'd make her stay. I didn't want her to have to stay.

Ward, however, betrays me. "He loves her, Coulson. I could tell that even when I was a 'robot', who didn't know love and was trying not to get close to you. It's completely obvious." He gives Simmons a look.

I squint at him. Was he in love with Simmons? No, I didn't think so. If he did, he probably wouldn't betray us. "Fine." I whisper, "I'm in love with Simmons. You don't have to do what you did to Rosalind Price."

Ward stiffens, "Do you know what happened to her?"