Chapter 1: (part 3)

Previously, the Beasts discussed taking in Rosalind Price, only to start arguing. How can they hope to break their curses if they can't even get along? And can Rosalind Price really be here to help, or is her plan made to harm? Let's find out!

Coulson growls, his sharp bear teeth showing. "And you know why we can't trust him, Dr. Garner. Don't you remember what happened to Fitzsimmons?"

"I'm seeing an awful lot of unforgiveness, and Ward's paying the price. I've been hosting therapy sessions, and he shows up but never speaks. He just looks at the ground." Dr. Garner exhales, disappointed, "You are wasting his potential."

"We don't need him." Coulson argues.

"Stubborn and prideful. You are going to be the end of us!"

"I said we don't need him!"

"Guys, guys. How about, we just all work together, at least until this girl leaves, either with what she came for, or what she is here for." Fitz says.

I'm confused. Weren't those the same thing?

The beasts nod like it makes sense. I blink, confused. They were not confused at all. Fitz speaks up again. "Let's have her spend a day with each of us and we'll see who she clicks with the most."

"Let's ask her about it." Dr. Garner says. I am incredibly grateful.

"I'll go along with it." I smile at Coulson, looking breathy and in love, "Coulson seems to have had a marvelous idea."

Another beast comes through the woods. Coulson smiles at me before introducing us. "Gordon, this lady here is ..."

"Miss Rosalind Price." I supply.

"Miss Rosalind Price." Coulson affirms, "Miss Price, this is Gordon."

Gordon has no eyes. He is covered in gray white hair and his body's built like a gorilla, thick and muscular.

"Nice to meet you." I grin and reach out my hand for his fist that dwarfs my own. He takes it, and I shake his hand. Everything was going smoothly, "Very nice to meet you."

I've spent a day in with everyone, and it's been a week. Today it's with Ward. He just watches my every move like I'm a threat. To be fair, he's right.

So far, the one I've 'clicked' with the most is Coulson. Luckily, I've got enough information to go back. I grin to myself, when Ward finally speaks up, "Why did you come here?"

"I was exploring and got lost." I say, matter-of-factly.

"Lie." Ward says. He's right. "Why are you here?"

"I had parents who used to live here, but they suddenly disappeared and came to my home. I decided to explore." I say again.

"LIe." Ward snorts, "Why are you here?"

"I'm part of a top secret agency and we came here to investigate the land without a name and the beasts who live there." I snap.

I expect Ward to say lie, but instead he leans forward, "'we'?"

I draw back, sharply. "What?"

"You said 'we', insinuating you brought more people here." Ward says. "And, by the way, truth."

I stiffen. "My life is none of your business."

He leans back, contemplating, "You're right. And my ... friends ... wouldn't believe me anyway. You know that. Where are your friends?"