Chapter 3: (part 3)

Simmons knows that Fitz likes her, but now they're under attack. Can they make it out? Will Simmons accept Fitz? Will my writing ever improve? Well, I hope so for the last one. Let's find out (not this update though ...)!

I can feel her panic. She squeaks as I grab her arm and lead her to my home. When she starts to fall behind from my increased stamina and speed, I have her hop on my back. She rides bareback on me the rest of the way.

We make it to my home, castle really, and I set the defenses. I hear footsteps. "We want Fitz. Give him here and nobody will get hurt." He continues in a low voice, "Especially that lovely Agent Simmons with you."

I stiffen, "How do I know if she's even in danger. I made these defenses myself. Simmons is right beside me. We are both safe."

I hear a code. Oh no. If miss Price was the one who did this, she wasn't killed. Maybe Ward had spared her. The door opens. Ward is in a collar. He looks at me apologetically. "They threatened Coulson. I couldn't let him die. I'm so sorry." Coulson isn't in view. I furrow my brow. Did Ward betray us?

Simmons snarls, "No! Traitor!"

"Now attack lovely Simmons here." One of the men behind Ward says. Ward stiffens, a look of pure rage in his face.

"Never!" He growls.

The other guy presses a button. Ward grunts in pain. They are overloading his nervous system with fake pain. He continues to press, and Ward screams. The man grins, dangerously close to a smirk. "Do it, Beast!"

Ward's eyes flutter shut. He couldn't stand any more pain. Instead of using Ward, the first guy aims a gun at Simmons' head. "Come, Beast."

"He's not a beast!" Simmons cries.

"Fine." I try not to look at Simmons. "Take me, but leave her alone."

He leads me away when I hear one of my guns. The one that hurt Loki. I turn back, expecting Ward, but instead I see Jemma. She runs to me. "You could have died. How dare you turn yourself in for me!"

I kiss her impulsively. She jumps back, and I immediately look away, "Sorry, I shouldn't have assu-"

She kisses me back. A single, perfect moment. She looks at my face, wrestling with herself, "I-I love you."

A blast of magic hits me. It rips away my fur and claws. I feel my face changing. I scream with the pain of it.

"Shhhhhh." A voice whispers beside me. I pant as my form steadies. I am now completely human. I look at the source of the voice. A familiar small, pale purple girl stares at me with her creepy purple irises. Instead of whites, those two purple eyes had a black backdrop. Her blue hair goes straight down her back, curling a bit at the ends. She was the sorceress who helped us. She smiles, tipping her tiny black top hat. "I see you managed to find true love." She scoffs. "Obviously it exists. Little miss angel freak was correct. Congrats. You're human now." Her grin darkens, a previously creepy look turning downright sinister, "Now all your 'friends' still have to find it. Time is running out."

I shudder, another petal has fallen. I look at Ward who was groaning on the floor. I had gotten out. Would everyone else be so lucky?