Chapter 8 - Cleaning Day

It's already been 3 days since they revealed their plan about retaking Wall Maria.
For the past 3 days all you did was training.
Every last one of you was exhausted.

But it wasn't all that bad. You got to meet your colleagues a little better and made a friend here and there, which wasn't so common for you cuz of your social anxiety. (I'm sorry if you don't have it. I know many of us do so I decided to just put it in there. But it's not important anyway...)

It was early in the morning on the day before the mission begins. Everyone was asleep because it was still only around 5:00am and you didn't have to be up until 6:00.

You were having your princess sleep on your uncomfortable bed when someone burst opened your door. You thought it was Selena so you jumped up and started yelling: "You fucking pussy-ass bitch! Stop bursting into my room every mornin- Oh..." You stopped when you saw who was standing at the door.

"What was that?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

"Emm, good morning, sir. I thought you were Selena." He just sighed after that.

"Get up and get ready. We'll all meet up in the Mess Hall."

"But why? It's like 5:13..." You said looking at your phone.

"What is that you're holding?" He asked and you just blinked.

"Anyway," You hid the phone, "Why do we have to be up before 6:00?"

"Because you're cleaning today..." He said and left the room.

"Wait, WHAAAAT?!" You said, then groaned and headed to the bathroom, if you could call it a bathroom. It had an 18th century sink, filled with water, and a toilet. Bath tubs were too much of a luxury.

When you were finished, you got out and saw Selena sitting on your bed, holding your phone. "What are you doing with my phone?"

"Just checking something." She mumbled too busy to look at you.

You sighed. "And that is?"

"I've noticed on my phone that battery percentage has not dropped even a little bit. I also checked the calender and I saw that, since the day of arrival, the day has not changed. So I checked your phone as well and the same goes for it too." She said and you took your phone. It was true. Everything she said was true.

"Aghh, whatever. Let's go to the Mess Hall. I assume Leslie told you we cleaning today."

"I hate my fucking life. I hate cleaning!" Selena yelled.

"Let's just go. I'm pissed enough that he woke me up before 6:00am... That he woke me up at all!!!" You said and the two you left the room.

-----

When you entered the Mess Hall, you saw everyone there talking to each other. But something caught your eye. Everybody was grumy and irritable, and you didn't blame them. They had to deal with this often because of Levi's cleaning fetish.

You looked around and saw Eren, Mikasa and Armin, talking to each other. When Armin saw you, he waved at you to come, and you two did so.

"Morning, (Y/N), Selena..." He said.

"Mornin'... So how often do you have to deal with this?" You asked sleepily.

"Well, Petra told me every Sunday, if I'm not mistaking." He said.

"Dear god..." You face-palmed.

"You get used to it over time, I guess."

"And how long does it take to clean everything?" Selena asked.