Little Chat

Baylee

I wake up in Hayes's arms with his dopey face facing me. I smile and kiss his nose. I loosen his grip and slide from his arms. I sit up and hop out of bed. I check my phone and see i have a text from gwen.

From Gwen: Meet me in the cafe in the lobby at 9:45 ASAP we gotta talk.

I sigh and look at the time. It's 9:30.

To Gwen: K on my way give me a few.

I set my phone down and walk to my suitcase. I pull out a baggy sweater since it was freezing in the lobby. A pair of black leggings and my brown combat boots. I walk to the bathroom and quickly slip my outfit on. I throw my hair into a messy bun and do a natural look for makeup. When I was done I stalked out of the bathroom and saw that hayes was still asleep. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone and walked out of the room.

{•{}•}

When I arrived at the lobby I walked to the large cafe area. I looked around and found gwen on her phone. I grabbed a water and a muffin out of the basket and sat down across from her.

"Hey what's so urgent?" I ask curiously.

She sighed and set her phone down.

"Me and shawn talked about you coming with us to California and he likes the idea. His mom found a house in Santa Monica, it's beautiful. Very big and right on the beach! She has the house put down on reservation she's gonna buy it when we leave."

"When are you and him leaving?"

She sighed and looked out the window.

"The dates been set earlier, we can hold the house on reservation for any longer than a month. We're leaving at the end of the month...which is two weeks from now..."

My heart drops and I take a deep breath. Then I feel the tears well.

"Gwen I don't know if I can go. I can't leave the rest behind...as much as I love being your best friend I can't leave..."

She breathes in and nods.

"So...its a no?" She whispers.

I sit back and take a deep breath and think about if I really want to. After mere seconds later I find myself dozing off and am snapped back into reality. I blow out my breath and speak.

"No....."