Chapter 4: Riding Home

Edgar made his way out of the gift shop. He walked out of the locker room. The gift shop. Into the parking lot where his motorcycle resided, waiting for Edgar to come here and ride it back home. Back to Byron, his grandfather. Back home, with Byron. That seemed nice. Edgar then started his black motorcycle. Edgar's motorcycle had a lot of stickers. Like another Punk Day sticker, skulls, black hearts, the usual Edgar-y stuff.

Edgar then headed out of the parking lot and Starr Park and went back home. The journey home from Starr Park back home will take about forty-five minutes. From experience, Edgar already put in his earphones, playing music. Not on full blast, of course. If it were on full blast, Edgar's safety would be at risk.

Edgar then reached a red light. Edgar liked red lights. I mean, he hated them sometimes since it was occasionally the reason why he was late for work. But the red light also gave him time to think. The fast has been slowed, letting him take his time for a while, alone with his thoughts. He thought of work. Byron. The private conversation that he and Colette had. Edgar, now kind of crushing on Colette, thought of the conversation even more compared to the other ones. Edgar blushed a lot at the thought of that conversation. It wasn't romantic, but when you have at least an hour-long conversation with your crush, it could become the only thing in your mind for hours.

The blush crept up on his face. He was wearing a motorcycle helmet, but the blush was obvious. I guess you could call him a "red light" now.

The red light then turned from red, to amber, to green. Edgar was too lost in his thoughts and thus didn't realise. Edgar, first in the line, disturbed a lot of drivers behind him. There was even a driver who honked his horn and that really got Edgar out of his thoughts. He looked at the side mirrors of his motorcycle. Holy Stars, there were really a lot of drivers behind him. Edgar then revved up his motor and sped off in embarrassment back home. Edgar refrained himself for thinking about Colette out of the fact that an even worse situation may happen if he did. He concentrated on the road, going faster to keep Byron from worrying and for another reason.

A romantic-ish one.

He also had another thought. He thought about it again and again.

After thinking of the pros and cons of that thought, he finally mentally said this.

"Yeah."

"I'll do it. Tomorrow when she comes."

Edgar then continued his journey back home, head empty.