Chapter 12: Starrcade

These two then went in the direction of the arcade, usually mentioned as a portmanteau known as the Starrcade which is quite fitting, considering the fact that they were in an amusement park known as “Starr Park”.

  Either way, it is quite popular with teenagers and young children and whoever that likes videogames.

  Our protagonists, now arrived at the Starrcade, now needed to make a decision that many hath been stuck on, what game to play. There was the choice of 'Project: Laser' and 'Spike Invaders'. Both of these games were the most popular games so these games were put outside the Starrcade, where there would be more space for a line.

  Colette and Edgar eventually decided on STARR Force Fighters because it was multiplayer and hey, isn't it more fun to play co-op than solos?

  After inserting the credits needed, they readied their fingers and thumbs on the buttons of the game. They were determined to win.

  A cutscene then began. The cutscene was short but it told a decent amount of what was happening. Apparently the game was about Colonel Ruffs and his troops defending themselves against Dark Lord Spike and his forces.

  "Edgar! Look! That's meeeeeee!" Colette squealed. On the screen, there was a pink haired girl that looked like her. But not quite, Edgar thought. He then decided to squint and look at her closely. It really was her. I guess Edgar didn’t realise that sooner because he never saw Colette in any casual outfit except for the Spike sweater or Spike t-shirt she cherished. Ah, that cactus. Very… Punchy but spiky. That’s pretty damn hard! (To punch without injury).

  “Cool.” Edgar said. A bit emotionless sentence but let’s just say Edgar realised he was dropping the emo persona for awhile and wanted to get back in.

  Colette took not much of a notice to that. The cutscene was almost ending and the game was about to begin.

  A quick mashing fight of buttons began, looks like they were both good at this. They played for 8 minutes but that felt like forever, with them unleashing the fury of STARR Force cannons onto the unlimited hordes of puny pixelated enemies. These enemies vanished within seconds from extreme button-mashing and Colette and Edgar’s gaming expertise.

  The game ended when all the cannons’ health depleted and the enemies attacked the STARR Force ship that Colette and Edgar were supposed to defend. They could only look at the ship that they had worked so hard to defend to be torn into pieces. They heard the screams of the cabin and crew but could do nothing to help them. They weren’t feeling bad despite how realistic the scream may be. They were used to it after playing so many matches of the game.

  So that cutscene ended and the scores were about to be revealed. The screen had “COLETTE” all in capital and blocky letters on the screen. Besides the name, numbers began to change until they got Colette’s score. She got a score of 6775. That’s a great score considering the difficulty of the game. Most beginners only got a few hundred.

  Then it was Edgar’s score. Again, blocky letters spelling “EDGAR” appeared on the screen but this time under Colette’s name and numbers began to change once more until they reached Edgar’s score. The score was 7850. Hey, that’s about 100 more than Colette’s score!

  “Augh, I can’t believe you beat me!” Colette said in disbelief. 

  “Huh? That wasn’t too high, I usually get more.” Edgar said in confusion. He usually gets at least 9000 something,

  “No, I usually beat the scores of people I”m playing with!” Colette said. She said the next sentence-

“REMATCH!” and put a credit in.

 “Ohoho~” Edgar thought while putting another credit in. This was gonna get heated and he loved that.

  "GAME START!" The robotic voice of the arcade machine said.

  "Pew pew pews" could be heard. It was fun. There was also a lot of bashing of buttons and eradication of enemies. Because what else do you do in a STARR Force Fighters game? Sounds simple, but it's honestly the button-mashing that makes it fun.

  After a few credits later, they parted ways and went back home. Well, they didn't. It was late so Edgar drove Colette back home on his motorcycle and then they actually parted ways.

  Edgar sped back home in the night, smiling about the memory he made just now.

  He arrived and parked his motorcycle back into his garage, took a quick shower and went to bed.

 As he lay in bed, he took out his phone and started scrolling on his social media;looking at the stories of zombies such as Emz and birds such as Crow. Well they were the only bird and zombie he follows on social media. The others were human brawlers, such as his sister, Bibi.

  Emz's story was the usual, really and it kinda had a pattern to it: Selfie, dessert, Poco fangirling. Selfie, dessert, Poco fangirling. The pattern was in huge chunks though, with the selfie chunk being the largest, dessert being the second largest and Poco fangirling on the days where Poco is too busy to check her socials due to performances etc/Close Friends.

  Crow, eh. Nothing much. He rarely ever posts on social media but usually it's a post of him and his gang.

  Bibi, as a member of Crow's Biker Gang, posts a lot about it so Edgar usually gets information of the gang's going-ons from Bibi.

  But honestly, there isn't really any content he wants to see. He doesn't really have a goal for it so he just unblocks Colette.

 Edgar went to his block list and unblocked scrapbookz.colly .

  His block list was now as clean as ever. Which is unusual since Colette is usually in other brawler's block lists. (Well-known exceptions are Emz, Tara and Gene. Emz because she wants more followers and Tara and Gene since they don't use social media.)

  So yeah, he then followed scrapbookz.colly and looked at her profile. Her profile pic was suprisingly a picture of herself while the rest  was basically just brawler memaborilla.

  Just for fun, he decided to count how many times he was posted on scrapbookz.colly's plethora of posts. (1047 Posts).

  How many times? A whopping 272. I guess it's easy to get images of your coworkers. There was even a pic of his locker, for god's sake. (Also, there was a total of 3 times his phone fell on his face during the process. Three painful moments.)

  Either way, it was kinda cool yet a bit creepy for someone to see unsolicited images of yourself. Eh, he'll have to get used to it eventually...

----------
Funny thing was when I was writing it I was basically in Edgar's position lol. Like literally, I was lying in bed. But luckily, my phone didn't fall flat on my face lol.