The True Chapter 5: Back At Home

Edgar then finally arrived back home. Byron was there by the fireplace, reading a book. Byron then raised an eye at Edgar. "Hello, Edgar. How was your day?' Byron asked.

"It ended up being good." Edgar said with a decent amount of joy. Edgar then continued to go back to his room upstairs. Byron eyed at Edgar with a strange look. This never happened before. What happened at work? Byron decided to ask later.

Edgar then put his backpack on the floor and took off his vest and scarf and put them on the coathanger nearby.

Edgar's room was of a decent size. The walls were white but most of it was plastered in posters of his favourite bands. There was even a shirt that was signed by his favourite band, hung up on the wall. His electric guitar and electric drum set were in a corner of the room. He also had a decent set of speakers.

His bed was beside the window, with a nightstand next to it. His black cat, Brystal was there, licking her paw. Edgar then went to Brystal and picked her up and showered the cat with kisses.

The cat squirmed in his hands and thus Edgar let her go.

Edgar then flopped onto his bed. His bed had a navy and light gray striped duvet and a pillow that was black with a skull on it.

Edgar then turned over on his bed and checked his phone for notifications. Not much. He switched it off and put it on his nightstand.

Edgar then stood up and went to the bathroom. He went in. The bathroom was practically pure white except for the wall tiles. They were brown. The sink was quite large, and it stuck up from the counter, where underneath it were cabinets. Beside the sink was some soap. On top of the counter and sink, there was a mirror. On the opposite side of it, a bathtub resided. Then there was a railing that you could put towels on.

Edgar then took off his makeup. After doing so, Edgar then began to change and went into the shower.

The shower was really hot, just the way he liked it. But Colette was hotter.

Wait, what?

Edgar facepalmed himself for the thought. "That was cringe, Edgar." Edgar thought.

Edgar then continued taking his shower. After a little while, Edgar finished.

Edgar then pushed the shower curtain aside and went out. He took a towel from the railing and wiped his body dry. He then covered half of his body with the very same towel and changed into his pajamas. They were blue.

Edgar then went down to the kitchen to get himself some water. It was a thirst-quenching trip back home.

Edgar walked into the kitchen. He then grabbed the pitcher and a cup nearby and started filling the cup in.

Byron then came in. "How was your day?" He said. "Pretty good. I said so already, grandpa!" Edgar replied with his... Edginess.

"Fine. Then what happened at work?" Byron said to his grandson. "What made you this happy?" Byron said.

"Brystal." Edgar said. Byron rolled his eyes. Edgar was obviously lying.

"You're lying, aren't you; Edgar?" Byron said. Byron saw through Edgar like he was glass.

Edgar was stunned. Like Frank's Super to your brain and a bit of your physical movement. Red-faced Edgar might have to tell the truth soon.

"Well uhhh... You see..." Edgar was trying his best to make out the words needed to complete the sentence.

"You got a new friend?" Byron asked. "Yes!" Edgar said with a little too much enthusiasm. "I did."

"Oh, okay." Byron said, scratching his beard. "I'm going to bed. Good night." Byron then ruffled Edgar's hair. "Hey!" Edgar said, attempting to lightly swat away Byron's hand.

Byron then left the kitchen. "Yep. It's something else." He thought.

Byron then yawned and continued back to bed.

Edgar sighed in relief as the conversation was over and he then downed that cup of water. He put it in the dishwasher and went out of the kitchen to go back to bed.

Edgar then arrived at his bedroom, petted Brystal and said good night to the beloved family cat and laid on his bed, attempting to sleep.

Edgar then rethinked the thought he had while driving back home earlier, trying not to blush even though he was alone. "You are emo, strong, edgy... Don't think of those things. It's weak and pitiful." A voice in the back of Edgar's mind said.

Thus, Edgar tried to shut his brain down from any thoughts and tried to sleep.

And that's what happened. Sleep.

_________

A/N: Bruh. It took me awhile to realise that I posted the next chapter instead of this one. (Context: Accidentally posted chapter 6)