xvii, the less i know the better.

act two, chapter seventeen. the less i know the better.

a month had gone by, and olive's cold was thankfully gone. bad news? charlie was still around. well, it wasn't really bad news, but more like olive didn't know how to break it off with him because leading someone on is really, really bad.

she sat at her computer desk, editing a new youtube video that contained of yet another parts of her series - "i beat minecraft with ___". that week it was purpled, or grayson - he was very thrilled when finding out when olive was going to film with him and give him clout.

charlie lay horizontally at the edge of her bed, scrolling through instagram reels. he refused to get tiktok - there wasn't enough storage on his phone.

olive removed her headphones after adding captions to her favorite line in the video yet, 'call me heather chandler because fuck me with a chainsaw'. she turned swiftly in her chair and caught charlie's attention - making him turn off his phone.

tears prickled olive's eyes. though not because of the fact she was breaking up with charlie, it was because he was such a good guy, and breaking his heart, broke her's just as equally. she didn't deserve him. he deserved the world.

"can - can we talk?" olive looked down at her lap. charlie sat up. "i don't think... there should be an us anymore, charlie."

he sighed. "okay."

that's it? olive asked herself. she wasn't asking for him to break down - in fact, she was glad that he was okay with what she thought. but an 'okay' with no following was not what she was expecting.

but, what was she expecting, anyway?

"it's definitely not you ... it's me, if anything," olive kept talking, but charlie was already putting his jacket on. "you're such a good guy, but i don't deserve you. you deserve someone so much better, i-"

charlie cut her off.

"cut the bullshit, liv," he sighed, sitting on the bed once more, putting his shoes on. "it's about tom. i'm not an idiot. i'm not mad, we can still be friends, but i don't think that we," he motioned his hand between them, "were gonna go anywhere."

olive stood, charlie repeating her actions. "so you're not like, upset, or anything?"

"no, liv," he hugged her softly. "just, spare me the details. the less i know, the better." he chuckled, making olive do the same.

"thank you for not being upset," she squeezed him tighter. "i hope this doesn't change anything between us?" olive finally let go, looking up at him only the slightest.

charlie put his hand on olive's shoulder. "nothing could change anything between us, liver."

and with that, olive watched the boy leave, her eyes glancing towards her window. and especially the person that lived opposite of it.

olive!
tame impala starts playing
intensely