Chapter 8.

The sun was trapped behind gray clouds scattered across the sky. Trees swayed swiftly in the light wind as the vision of the outside goes by in a fast blur. As I look out the car window, my thoughts drift to somewhere else leaving me blank. Nate keeps glancing at me from time to time behind the wheel. I know he is worried and confused about earlier . He saw me in an emotional state while I dragged him out the hospital to the parking lot muttering "The car. We have to go" over and over. If I was in his shoes and saw an emotional girl push him outside in a rush, I'd be confused too.

Seeing Alec was intended to apologize and know further information about if charges were going to be pressed against me. There wasn't any intentions in my mind to walk back down memory lane , and revisit the junior douche bag.

Nate opened my door for me while I rushed inside his vehicle, and asked me so many questions. Only thing I could do was yell at him to drive. No where in my mind did I know where to go, and knowing he's never been to my house before we most likely were just driving around mindlessly.

My gaze is still attached to the outside view. The sun is starting to seep its way through the trapping clouds , letting in the light to brighten the sky. The light blinds my vision, I sigh and sit back in my seat looking ahead for the first time during this ride. I pull the advisor down to block out the brightness and listen to the pop song playing in the background. It sounds really catchy, I think it's maroon 5? It keeps saying sugar yes please over and over so my best guess is the song is Sugar . If I am correct I deserve an award for song guessing.

I look over at Nate fully for the first time. His brunette hair is pushed backwards, little pieces are sticking out to the sides, maybe due to the crappy weather. He is wearing a blue and white baseball tee with casual dark washed jeans and white converse. I might say, he looks hot .

He glances at me briefly then back to the road , then looks at me again with a small smile. The crinkles by his eyes became prominent when he did so , which was adorable. Alright Kat you're back to mentally drooling over Nate. In response, I gave him a weak smile in return.

As he looks back to the road he breaks the silence,
"Do you want to talk about it?"

I slightly nod my head,
"No." Responding quietly.

He nodded his head in an understanding way. I tear my gaze away from his beautiful jaw lined face. Crap I meant face. Nate shocks me by reaching over and taking my hand out of my lap to hold it. I look at him as soon as he does so; the butterflies erupt out of my stomach like the first day of spring. He gives my hand a squeeze, while giving me a wider smile. I can see Nate is glad I didn't pull my hand away at the action.

"I understand. When or if you want to talk, I'm here. "

I smile in gratitude at his statement. Nate is such a caring and understanding man.

I give a small thank you in return to his generosity. Glancing toward the window, I think about how I have no clue where I am. We are on a very long road with trees on other sides of the street. I honestly don't want to go home yet to my family, a big part of me is enjoying this silent ride with Nate.

I think about the first day I met him. He was wearing the coffee shop shirt w/ casual jeans . That day he took my breath away , with his flirty personality and beautiful blue eyes. I don't believe in relationships, but all he has done is be a very generous person. My dad's opinion doesn't matter to me, this could be the start of something I shouldn't miss.

I squeezed Nate's hand back this time, a pink blush now spreading across his cheeks. How adorable!

"Where are we going?" I asked him out of curiosity.