chapter 1

The smell of pancakes woke up my senses. I stretch my muscles from my deep slumber I just awoken from. Looking at my bedside table clock, I read 11 am . I sigh knowing I cannot sleep any longer and swing my legs over the mattress, touching the cold tile.

As I come down stairs , I hear Casey talking about this little boy in her class who is fond of her . I chuckle to myself knowing well she doesn't like school boys . "They pick their boogers and eat them ! " she's told me once before .
When I was her age , I remember being just like her . There was one boy who was very fond of me . Every Valentine's Day he would put a extra valentine in my desk. Each one had multiple hearts and say love ,Carl at the end . At that age, I would say EW at the word love . As I got older , it's hard to find little sweethearts like the ones back in the day.

After many rejections Carl never gave up however . I soon got out of the cooties stage once I hit middle school. Relationships were still so different back then . It was all a label and I remember "dating" this one boy for a week , and thinking I was in love . Relationships never become real until high school, but I can see why Casey thinks boys have cooties . Some boys might actually have them still to this day.

I smile at the memories of my childhood . "You know Casey, Ted is an adorable little boy . I'd be perfectly fine if you were fond of him ." I tell her as I walk into the kitchen . She was sitting on a stool next to the island with a mouthful of pancakes and syrup all over the stacks on her plate . Her brown hair is in a scattered mess . I'm pretty sure she has syrup all over her hello kitty pajamas.

My mom chuckles while she is at the stove cooking more pancakes . Her hair is in a cute messy bun and her glasses are perched up on her nose . My mom has always been the best cook in our family . My dad cooks the meats , but when it comes to other food my mom is the bomb at it .

"Never in a billion trillion years ! He is the definition of cooties. Ted tried to hug me yesterday. I swear I would've made you burn my clothes." Casey exclaims between bites .

I bust out in laughter at her comment . She is something else . My mom shakes her head with a smile taking over her features. I take a seat beside Casey on the island as my mom sets a plate in front of me . I say my thank you's and start to dig in .

" i am telling you ," I start to say . I swallow then continue, " you won't be saying this when you are my age. Boys aren't that bad . What if he bought you candy?"
She sits in thought contemplating her decision.
"He might give cooties to my candy then I could DIE !" Casey finally says after a while screaming the last word .
" What if he had One Direction give you candy ?" I ask knowing a different answer will appear.
She slammed her fork down and a wide smile showed up immediately . Casey started ranting about how much she would love him and she wouldn't care about cooties. She got up and started running around while screaming .
I was very amused by the situation . She loves One Direction. They are her favorite band in the whole wide world. I swear for a fifth  grader, she knows more about them and loves them more than any one . I know I know , she's so young and isn't a true fan to society but a thing about Casey is she might be young but she is mentally mature . Besides school boys situations of course . My parents say it is because she has a 19 year old sister to look up to . She loves them so much and I adore watching her eyes light up with so much happiness . I know the band , but I'm not a huge fan like her. I maybe could tell you their names. Harry, Niall, Zayn, Louis, and Liam? That is all she talks about so their names is all I can remember from the countless number of conversations . I can't explain how much they make her happy and impact her life but her . I just know my little sister loves them and they make her happy .

" look what you've done" my mom says with her hand over her mouth laugher escaping her lips .
I mouth sorry to her with a smile on my face .
I get up and put my dish in the dishwasher and wash my hands . i glance at the clock on the stove and gasp .
"Case , you better hurry and get dressed if you still want to go to the mall." I exclaim.
Casey stops dead in her track and nods her head while running up the steps to get ready , I follow going to prepare myself also .
Never did I know this day would impact my life so much .

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N
HEY! okay this is my first chapter and Please please vote and read and add to your library ! I have so many twists planned ahead ! yay ! (:
C.K.