Chapter 4

Kat's POV:

Nate was just the definition of perfection.

After he served a couple more customers he met me in the back corner and spent his break with me.

We talked about everything and I've learned a lot about his background . His full name is Nate William Archibald. Weird huh? His name is the same as my favorite character in Gossip Girl. Nate has a little sister also , Beatrice, she is 11 which is a year older than Casey . He also has an older brother named Chuck who is 24 and lives in California with his fiancé. Nate is nineteen also and is enrolled into online college, so he could juggle a job to earn money . Nate had moved from California to Georgia when he was 15 and went to the rival school of mine. He was on the soccer team which soon came after a cocky comment about how he was the best. I laughed at him and challenged him into a one on one game to see the so called "amazing skills". I'm not the best at the sport, but I wasn't going to let him try to swoon me with such pride. Nate's mom was close friends to the owner's wife of the cafe , so he easily got the job of working here. His mom was a stay at home kind of mom while his dad also works in the business industry just like my father. His dream is to go to Georgia Tech University to get a degree next year while continuing to play soccer. Nate had added a bit of flirty comments here and there while we talked. I casually just laughed it off while blushing a light crimson. I also found out little things about him , for example his favorite color is blue , he enjoys soccer ( obviously ) , loves hot sauce on anything, and hates sweet tea. His last dislike lead us to our next banter .

"How can you hate sweat tea?!" I demand with a humorous manner while slamming my hands on the table.

Nate laughs at my outburst while saying, "It's too sweet and I hate the taste. It isn't my thing."

" I'm still shocked because you honestly can't live in the south where sweet tea is huge and hate it!" I tell him with my face expression not faltering.

"Sorry Kat, but I'm a sweet tea hater." he tells me and starts to laugh.

"You're something else Archibald." I tell him while shaking my head while drink the last sip of my now cold latte.

He chuckles and stares into my eyes .My cheeks start to blush as I smile and look down to fan my face with my hair. "You know , I haven't gotten to know a lot about you . Its been all about me for my whole break. I have to head back , but I don't want to miss your beautiful voice. So , can I have your number to catch up with you later? Maybe chat so I can get to know you better ? " He said it so smooth and casual it warmed my heart and made it beat a million times faster. I dug a pen out of my purse to write it on a napkin. As I write I can see him smirk across the table. I pass the napkin to him ,and he puts it in his apron. We both get up and I'm about to just wave while walking away when he grabs my hand and plants a slow and sweet kiss on it. "Farewell, babe. " Nate says while winking. He is such the flirt and can defiantly make my heart skip a beat. I wave and start walking towards the exit.

As I said he is the definition of perfection.

___________________________

It is now 6pm and I'm currently at the grocery store picking up a few things for my mom.

After my "date" at the cafe, I came home and took a shower then watched a few episodes of Gossip Girl. In the middle of an episode , my mom asked if I could go to grocery store for her and pick up items for dinner. I agreed knowing Casey will most likely call me to pick her up while I'm at the store .

We are having grilled chicken with various of vegetables and macaroni & cheese. I needed to get broccoli , carrots, green beans, and lettuce for a salad. We had the rest at home, my dad forgot these items when he went shopping earlier. As I shop I cannot stop thinking about Nate. His beautiful blue eyes and his definite jawline. His humor and the constant flirting was making me smile as I walked towards the produce isle. Nate sure knew how to work it with women. He had this aroma about him that made you want to know him and he was such an amazing guy then he'd make you feel good about yourself in just a short talk of 30 minutes .