chapter 3

Kat's POV:

I sit on the brown leather couch in the living room bundled up in a grey fluffy blanket while drinking a cup of tea.

It's noon on a Sunday, all I have done this morning is watch the latest episodes of Gossip Girl on Netlfix. Sundays are usually my lazy days where I watch Netflix while drinking tea.

It's also the day my parents catch up on any work they need to get a start on before the work week starts .

I enjoy this lazy day the most, mainly because I have one last day before
I have to go to work tomorrow .

I work at a local book store with an old woman named Suzan . I've always been interested in reading , so getting a job where I'd be best at was my first choice . Throughout high school I worked at a Rib Shack, which was very popular at our school.

I was never popular at my school, but I wasn't not known . My dad owns a well known company around here , but I didn't use it as a popularity opportunity . One of my beliefs is no matter what you look like or how you dress everyone is equal . Stereotypes are one thing I strongly hate. Just because someone is smart doesn't make them a "nerd" or if you don't wear the trendiest clothes you're lame . Throughout high school I was friends with the "nerds" , the normal people, and some of the "populars" .

In Sophomore year I wrote a article in the school newspaper on stereotypes and equality . By then, everyone knew me and I changed things around the school . One Senior that was classified as lame , became the Prom Queen. Of course there was still people who believed in stereotypes , but the people I surrounded myself around believed in equality .

I didn't date much during High School , although I had few boyfriends here and there. Boys ruined friendships of many girls , and they broke hearts . I wanted to make my 4 years at highschool memorable not horrible .

One guy did that in Junior year. His name was Alec. He was a transfer from another school , and I showed him around school on the first day he came . I did it out of courtesy , knowing I usually don't get involved with men. He had blonde hair that was curled up at the ends and green eyes to die for . My favorite feature of him was his smile , it was wide and sparkled in the light . I think that is what captured me from the beginning .

After that day I would always run into him in that halls multiple times . It was like a coincidence, I'm sure it was planned cause he sure did surprise me.

We became great friends. Best friends . I remember the night we were having a bonfire at my house on a Friday night after the football game . All my friends and people I knew were sitting on logs next to the fire . Alec grabbed my hand and tugged me away from everyone else . I remembered asking him over and over where he was taking me. He led me behind my Dad's shed and held both of my hands . That night he confessed his feelings for me and how he couldn't just be friends with me anymore. I remember blushing a deep red. That night I realized I put down my wall for Alec and allowed myself to like him back . After that night we dated for the remainder of Junior year . We had many dates and adventures . He was my first true love .

The most vivid memory I have was the night of the last day of school. I had gotten an anonymous note in my locker saying to meet him at his beach house at 9pm. I remember thinking this was the night I would give myself up to him . I thought the note was from him . I had spent all day after school getting ready to look amazing . It was supposed to be the best night ever and memorable , but not the kind of memorable that I would've thought .

It turned out the note wasn't from him. I went to the beach house and walked in using the spare key that was always under the mat. Knowing he was probably in his room playing video games , I walked through the halls and led myself to his room . When I opened the door I did not expect to see what I saw. There in front of me was Alec, and a blonde , having a heavy makeout session. Everything after that was a blur. Broken glass scattered every where and me running out of the house as quick as possible.