chapter 6

Kats POV:

I flutter my eyes open, a bright light shines into my eyes nearly blinding me. First thing I see is blurry white walls and beeping coming from somewhere.

My sight becomes clearer, and I notice I'm inside a hospital bed. I look beside me and see the beeping was coming from a medical machine right next to the bed. I look down and notice an IV hooked up to me. All I can wonder is what happened . Why am I here?

A doctor in a coat, with dark brown hair in a tight pony tail, comes into the room with papers in her hands. I read her name tag, and it seems to be her name is "Dr. Jones".

She smiles brightly, and I smile slightly in return.

"Hey Katalina, I am glad to see you awake. How you feeling?"

I nod my head as in okay.

"That's good. You got in a mild car accident late last night. Most likely you don't remember coming into the hospital since you've just woken recently I assume. Your injuries are minor. A concussion and bruises. We contacted your parents last night, but went straight to voicemail. Our employees called them first thing this morning. They should arrive shortly, so no worries. Any questions or do you need anything?" Dr. Jones informed me with a smile. Wow she got straight to the point.

My eyes widen in realization. Everything from last night rushes to my memory. Casey crying. My anger. Argument with my parents. The rain. Car lights. Sound of crashing. As soon as all of this comes to my memory, pain rushes to my head.

I groan. This is what concussions feel like? All I know is this headache needs to go down.

"It's Kat by the way . Can I have pain pills please" I ask her nicely. She nods her head and exits the room.

I find the remote to the bed and press the button to move the bed upwards.

This room is too bright and too white. It makes me groan in even more pain.
All the brightness is driving me insane with the kind of headache I have.

Shorty, a nurse in pink scrubs walks in with a glass of water and a tiny plastic cup. She hands me the cup first, which has two white pills inside, then hands me the water. I give her a soft smile and down the pills quickly.

"If you feel drowsy , it's due to the pain medication." She informs me. I thank her as she walks out of the small hospital room. I set the glass on the bedside table next to me. A sigh escapes my lips .

I start to wonder about the person I hit . How he/she is doing. I shouldn't have driven in the storm. This is all my fault. I could have killed the other driver . Wait .. what if I did? My mind starts to worry . I would never forgive myself. Casey and my parents must be worried!

I close my eyes to ease my mind. I can't worry like this. It will only drive me to insanity. A few minutes pass by of ease.

My few minutes of comfort are interrupted as my family bursts through the door in panic .

I haven't bothered to open my eyes, too comfortable in this dozed stage Im in.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID MARK!"

"SERENA DO NOT TRY TO BLAME THIS ON ME!"

"WELL KAT WOULD'NT BE HERE IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU."

"BULL CRAP, SHE RAN OUT INTO THE WEATHER ON HER OWN AND HIT THAT DRIVER!"

"WELL YOU TOLD ME I SHOULD'NT GO AFTER HER AND SHE WOULD COME BACK. LOOK AT HER! APPARENTLY SHE NEVER CAME BACK."

For a moment there was a silence in there bickering. I can imagine my mom with her hand running through her hair while my dad is either pacing the room or looking out the window. Casey might just be standing there clueless.